Eduard Group Build - Aircraft

@phil2015 I have no idea about a NV pilot. I assume it would be standard Warsaw Pact pilot uniforms, but not sure where to get a 1/72 that would fit.

@john41492 Go for the Ki-115! You can do some super weathered camouflage. That is super cool and a fun process.

So will a mod relocate this thread now? Not sure exactly how these things come about…

Take a look at PJ Productions, the have a few fine figures. Maybe Aerobonus, too.

Just an idea : should we have a medal for this campaign - just as for a number of other recent campaigns?

I would like that.

Peter did a medal for the Siege of Malta campaign, and this reminds me I need to do something with that.

1 Like

Ooops! I completely forgot about this campaign … Sorry! :innocent:
I’m already in the middle of my “Tally Ho” Spits, started in the end of July. Here’s the starting photo and some work-in-progress pics. If you want to see the complete building you might like to visit my Bench Works Thread on Aeroscale. There’s the complete story.

I’m already a bit further and have painted primer on both builds. More painting follows next - and masking … :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Hi All,

I’m still having a banner modeling year! I wrapped up a couple of projects, so now I am getting ready to start this one. After some advice from the peanut gallery, I’ll be building the rare, in kit and in production, Nakajima Ki-115. The Imperial Japanese Army (IJA) named it Tsurugi, which means Sabre. Additionally, the Imperial Japanese Navy (IJN) was planning to use it, and called it Toka or wisteria blossom. This was designed as a single use aircraft, Kamikaze, planned to be utilized during the invasion of Japan (Operation Downfall), which never happened. Of the 104 or 105 produced, two remain one at the Pima Air and Space Museum in Tucson, AZ, USA, and the other at an unknown location in Japan, undergoing restoration. There are also rumors that two additional planes were found in Japan and are being restored. Given that production started in March of 1945, much information has been lost regarding this aircraft.

While I’m an avid modeler of Japanese WWII aircraft, mainly due to the aesthetic look they have, and numerous paint and weather schemes, this will by my first “Kamikaze” aircraft build. Oddly, this has no real camouflage or weathering to it. From my reading it seems that once off the production line they were hidden in caves near the coast awaiting to be used amass against the US Navy. While an interesting thought, I’m sure the result would have been pretty much the same as previous Kamikaze attacks, some damage but not enough to slow the advance.

The kit seems nice, and I was able to acquire it at a good price (25 USD) some time back. With a low part count, and everything needed to do the job, except for the masks to paint the markings despite the instructions, this looks to be a fun simple build. Of the several Eduard kits I’ve done, I’ve been impressed with their engineering and fit, hopefully this one won’t disappoint!

So far this campaign seems to be moving along at a good clip with lots of interesting subjects. I’m looking forward to this one! Happy modeling!!

2 Likes

Finally found some time to work on this. Ready to close up the fuselage halves now. I used the prepainted PE cockpit parts. They came out alright. Sorry I don’t have a better zoom to get in really tight on it.

This is a nice little kit but I wish I’d done the 1/48 version. There is a lot of nice detail on it that would just be a little more impressive in 1/48 I think. There are also a lot of really tiny parts remaining on the sprues that I’m sure will bring their own special joy!

I’ve posted pictures in the MIG-21 PF build thread that is underneath this group build.

Hi mates,
tonight I started my kit for this campaign, here it is

It’s not really the ProfiPack edition, only the “Overtree” version without PE parts. Doesn’t matter, the plastic parts are as good as usual with Eduard and now I can put some of the decals left over from the ProfiPack to good use :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
Looking forward to a colorful model in the end (hopefully…).
Horrido!
Peter :raising_hand_man:

2 Likes

Hello Torsten,
your Spits are looking good! Good luck with painting!
Cheers
Peter

1 Like

Nice choice, Peter. I am sure it will be another small scale masterpiece from you!

Looking forward to see more. :slight_smile:

Thanks for your motivation, Jesper! Yet it is still a masterpiece of Eduard…(I love their FW-190 kits) :wink:
Cheers :raising_hand_man:

1 Like

Some progress here with my FW-190 A…

I’m not too happy about the painting yet, but we’ll see how it looks finished.
Good luck for you, mates!

2 Likes

Nearing the finish line …only one decal left :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

…and some finishing touches in some places, of course :wink:
Cheers
Peter

5 Likes

Nice choice, Peter! Looks good so far. Is that a machine flown by Hermann Graf?

1 Like

Looks Great, Peter! One of my favorite colorful Wurger schemes.

1 Like

@SGTJKJ - Thanks Jesper!

Yes, Torsten, you’re right! I built it long time ago from a Hasegawa kit in the 80ies and now it was time to retire and replace it with this lovely Eduard product. I had the markings left from the ProfiPack and decided to get the overtrees to make another FW-190.

Seeing Peter’s Fw 190 remembers me of this campaign and I think it’s time for another update of my Spitfires, as they are both near the finish line. Since my last post from August I have done all painting on both and this is where I was last weekend …

… since this week I apply the decals. So with my next update here the kits should be finished by then. If you like you can also visit my “Bench Works Thread” on Aeroscale in the WW2 Forum for more detailed building steps.

Torsten :beer:

6 Likes

Looks great, Torsten! You are very productive!

Looking forward to see more! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Great paint job as usual, Torsten! :+1:
My FW-190 will be finished this weekend, too, so check your Six…! :laughing:
Cheers

1 Like