Hot Out of the Molds 2022

Nice choice, Rory. Looks like a very cool kit.

I’ll try to finish P-51 Mustang from Arma Hobby (1:72) that was released in 2021, hopefully within campaign time limits :wink:

2 Likes

It qualifies. Anything released in 2021-22.

I’m always amazed at the jump in quality in 1/72 kits. Airfix, Eduard, Arma, IBG, etc. are putting out some great kits. Looking forward to this one!

Michael :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Indeed it qualifies, Radek as pointed out by Michael. Sorry for the late reply, have you started?

1 Like

Not yet, I need to clean up my desk first :slight_smile: - So I need to finish this cursed P-38J and a 7TP tank I have quite close to completion. If all goes well I should be starting in next weekend.

my entries for this year

4 Likes

That looks terrific Ryan. I genuinely did not realise just how big that would be

1 Like

Nice entries, Sauerkraut!

Having been inside one on the USS NC, I knew how big the turret 1:1 (it’s big but small for 13 guys) was but I too was surprised how big the 1/35 kit was.

1 Like

there are way too many cool kits out/coming out. i want many of them. i’m actually getting depressed thinking about it.

1 Like

My P-51 finally smelled a styrene glue :slight_smile: . I finished assemblying cockpit elements, so interior is ready for painting. Fitting is excelent, PE parts quite forgiving, but instructions… for me they’re nightmare :japanese_ogre: :ghost: . Kit includes mulitple versions of the aicraft and almost all of possible paint schemes differ a little from each other. So you need to carefully follow almost each step and side notes what should be glued, cut, drilled and so on… Also Arma’s style of printing them in small booklet (is it a correct word for that?) with densely packet multi-assembly steps is additional handicap here.

Here’s current state, hopefully I manage to paint the interior before weekend ends:

2 Likes

Build of Arma’s P-51 continues. I have managed to paint, weather and close interior. It looks fantastic, but I must admit fit is very tight and precise. My advice is to triple check every fit on every stage and cross check between steps otherwise you might end up with elements not getting aligned in designated spots.

Here 's a pic of painted stuff before assembly:

And assembled hull:

3 Likes

My LAAT from the Star Wars legion strategy game. Next are decals - more to follow soon :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Decals are on - added some stenciling to break up the overall grey scheme.

More to follow soon :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Getting closer to the finish line :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I am calling this one done. A super nice model with only a bit of fit issues on the underside. A really unique model which only its mother will love. :wink::slightly_smiling_face:
I really like it though :sunglasses:

9 Likes

Very nice partner piece. I love the ‘Dust Off’ trooper rescue idea.

2 Likes

Thanks, Peter. Painting black and white armor on the troopers is a sanity check in of itself. :wink: :slight_smile:

1 Like

Very slowly grinding through the Border Models Tiger. And it is a grind. So far I HATE this kit. The fit is awful in so many places, the instructions are very poor. The plastic quality has been variable between sprues and the amount of flash and mold lines for a brand new mold is just baffling.

The main hull is done. Tools will be painted separately. Hatches are built but not glued as I want to add the vision blocks post painting.

I will get this done by campaigns end but it will be close as I lack any enthusiasm for it.

4 Likes

Is there an Enroll button for this Campaign? So anything released in 2021 still qualifies for 2022?

1 Like