Hot Out of the Molds 2022

@Trisaw, I think we started this before the enroll buttons. You are duly noted as participant :+1:t2::slightly_smiling_face:

Anything from 2021 or 2022 qualifies! So lots of choices to go with - what is your plan? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@McRunty, that sucks! I have a few of the border models in my stash, but have yet to build them. I hope they are better quality than their tiger. Hope you can make it through - otherwise if you lost the mojo on this kit - leave for a few weeks. There is still more than 4 months left if this campaign.

Looking forward to see more :raised_hands:t2::sunglasses:

I have thier Crusader III in the stash and I must say, just from looking at the sprues and instructions, it does seem a better kit. But the proof is in the building.

1 Like

No need to “enroll”, just join in!

Michael :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Yes, I have a couple of their Bf 109Gs in my stash. Looks great, but as you say: The proof is in the building.

@SGTJKJ I think I might do a figure, but what scale, I don’t know yet. The deadline is December 31st, correct? Five months…

I have a few other campaigns that I want to join such as the “Special Forces” and “Not a Tank Destroyer” campaigns that should start in the fall. And I have two figure campaigns that I need to complete.

I’ll post box art if I decide to join “Hot Out of the Molds 2022.” Thanks, Jesper.

Peter, could be cool if you joined. Looking forward to your figure if you join :slight_smile:

1 Like

@SGTJKJ Jesper, thanks for the welcome.

I need to figure out some logistics and get the potential aftermarket 3D parts ordered if I do decide to pick the figure that I want to use. It’s a 2021 figure and it should qualify.

1 Like

Peter, sounds good :+1:t2:

Was able to get some paint on this guy this weekend. Black primer and Tamiya XF-75. I thought about adding a top coat of Vallejo pale blue grey then gloss coat followed by Marine decals and some light weathering. May need to reshoot on a sunny day.

t

5 Likes

Looks cool … and big. Nice to have decent stand out details on builds like this. I think a light rust here and there and its sorted :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks. It is a good size.

Beautiful turret, Ryan. Very significant size :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks. Still amazes me on the size of the main guns in 1/72, the 1/35 versions must be monsters.

My (late) entry for this Campaign.

The release date checks out to September 30, 2021.

https://www.hlj.com/1-16-scale-infiltrator-deborah-smlmm387

I am going to try to increase the weaponry and firepower of this figure with some additional modifications. I hope to complete it in four months (fingers crossed!). :grin:

3 Likes

Looks good, Peter. In every sense of the word :slight_smile:

1 Like

Finally have the Border Models Tiger built. This one was a grind. The hull was a bugger to do with all its issues. In contrast, while finicky, the turret went together really well. All the road wheels are prepped for paint as well as the tracks which look great even if they were a bit of a faff to get the guide horns on. Hull hatches are built, just not installed so I can install the periscope glass after painting.

Hopefully will be getting some paint down this week.

3 Likes

This Tiger is vexing me.

I have it built and with the initial base layer of paint down.

I went to start on the camo and then I saw it. An awful error on my part caused partially by my stupidity, partially by bad instructions and partially by bad design.

The barrel is too damn short… :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage:

I ended up having to gut the inside of the turret (not an issue since it wont be seen), destroy the mounting parts that allowed the barrel to elevate and use heat, CA de-bonder and a razor saw to disassemble the barrel and build it back up. Luckily, I was able to do it before throwing the kit out the window.

It now looks like this:

Much better. I need to go back and repaint the barrel etc but honestly, all the mojo I had for this kit is gone and I just don’t want to work on it anymore. I will maybe get it done by the end of the campaign, we shall see.

4 Likes

Figure is assembled and puttied. I need to do some touch-up sanding and wash it before priming.

1/16 SOL MODELS Deborah with Jason’s 3-D printed 1/16 tactical vest festooned with resin spare parts. Vest has two grenade pouches, two pistol ammo clip pouches, five 5.56mm ammo clip magazines, one radio, and one general pouch.

4 Likes

Rory, sorry to hear you are wrestling with the Tiger. Great work to get it fixed - looks good now.

Take a break from it for a week or two to get the mojo flowing again. You have time and it is a pity to power through without enjoyment.