Hot Out of the Molds 2022

Looking great, guys! Let me know if you need a small extension - better to make it great, than to rush it. :slight_smile:

It might not hurt to have an extension. The Ajax is getting tedious

Ok, so a couple of extra weeks? Is that enough?

Well, I’m not going to say no to a bit more time, personally. But here’s where I am on the Eduard 1/72 Avia:

The starboard side is done as well. I might still make it!

Michael :israel: :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Looks great, Michael!

yes , please and thank you

1 Like

OK, you got it. Two extra weeks.

I am not sure if the campaign administrators can extend with two weeks. Otherwise just continue building and I will wait two weeks with awarding medals.

1 Like

Consider it done.

Michael :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Happy to see that the end was postponed.

the spit and the hayate are primed and ready for the paints schemes.

5 Likes

Great to see the extension being put to good use! :slight_smile:

In the meantime I have opened up for sign up to Hot out of the Molds 2023. Hope to see you in the next one as well, but first we will finish up this HOtM 2022 in 2 weeks. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The Hayate is ready for decalling and varnish

5 Likes

Looking great!

Right. Eduard 1/72 Avia S.199, done!

Here it is with the 1/32 conversion I did a few years back:

I’m not sure that the level of detail isn’t higher in the Eduard kit! Anyway, bring on the 1/48 version.

Thanks for looking!

6 Likes

Great build, Michael! No stars on the upper wings?

Congrats on finishing!

Very nice Michael. Great looking bird.

1 Like

Nope. Early on they didn’t do that. They added those later. They had very short turn around time on these, they frequently were put together, went on a mission, and got totalled on landing all within a week.

2 Likes

I see the finish line :slight_smile:

l

4 Likes

Ok, I think I managed to finish just in a nick of time. Rushing to the finish line doesn’t really help avoiding problems and … well, P-51 was supposed to have some fuel tanks attached, I missed some parts and totally lost landing light on left wing, so it’s now made of Contacta Clear .
No matter the rush-struggle I can say it was fun kit to build, really recommended, although it’s sometimes quite complex and requires some attention.
Despite fact I made a lot of mistakes (again, again :stuck_out_tongue: - like I had some secret challenge not to complete any build without mistake in my life :smiley: ) I really like how it turned out.
So here it is - a final photos of my representation of Mustang III flown by cpt. Jerzy Mencel of 309 RAF (Polish) squadron. Cpt Mencel achieved a victory over Me-262 flying this machine on 9/04/1945.

6 Likes

Beautiful build, Radek! Looking very good!

1 Like

Fantastic Radek. Love it.

1 Like