IDF 75 Campaign

HI John,

I haven’t decided yet between a HB Puma with Legend CEV /Batash conversion. Another option is captured BTR-50PK
aAoA6Vt

4 Likes

Here we (I) go. I’ve finally gotten the photo off my camera. The updates will most likely be slow in coming. Aside from the fact that I’m a slow builder on a good day, I’ve been “Oh-by-the-way’d” in my day job. (Aaaahh, the life of a freelancer.) AND…aside from the Fruil’s, and a first attempt at an anti-skid treatment, this is going to be an out-of-the-box project. So, rock and roll lads, bring me that desert.

5 Likes

Beautiful build, Max!! A very high standard!

Looking forward to see your next build!

1 Like

Though looking positively sluggish versus Nikos’ production line of Merkava IIIs, I have managed to get mine into the paint shop. Hand striped the barrel which is not so tidy. I will put on some unit markings and seal it up before making it look a bit more desert like.

cheers
Michael

9 Likes

Very-good GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

1 Like

Max, you’ve absolutely nailed that Mugaf!

1 Like

Way back when I was going to jump in with a partially built MiniArt Tiran 4 early. Decided I wanted to do something a bit less stressful. Trying to decide between the Dragon 75th Anniversary Magach 1/2 or the Meng Merkava 3 early. I do have a question about the Merkava. Will I have to add the anti skid to the horizontal surfaces? Not a deal breaker as I have done it to other builds. What say yea about my choices? Thanks.

If you ask whether all Mk.3s have antislip, the answer is yes. The only ones without were the early Mk.1s.

Still having issues with the AFV M60A1 (got all the torsion bars through the hull on one side, but breaking them off on the other.) Thinking about joining the sub-theme here with another Merk. Looking through the builds already underway, I see 3s and 4s, but no 1s or 2s, so I’m contemplating a Takom 1 hybrid or 2B. Have I missed one?

Michael :israel: :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks.

Hey i was looking for a tank crew figure set for either my M51 or my 1967 idf centurion. Would the figures below work for an 67 war?

I’d say neither of them: I believe the Russian style was phased out by '67, and the 601 wasn’t adpoted until the early '70s. The most common type used in the '67 war was the M38 style helmet:

2 Likes

Thank you mate! This wass way back on the “Bucket Bonanza” If it wasn’t for a previous member Shiryon. He have corrected my configuration on the M577.
Here’s what I’m planning,to build, either the Puma :

Or a captured BTR -50 w/crew ( figure conversion and scratchprint the interior and other exterior details.

want to get your opinion guys?

3 Likes

@ReluctantRenegade thank you for the information, we’re the Russian style helmets only for the size crisis and the early creation of Israel?

The BTR-50 is a really interesting subject.

2 Likes

I did not have issues with the torsion bars when assembling the AFV Club kit. Can you share photos, maybe we can help.

No Merkava 1 or 2 builds at the moment.

I believe those were actually Czech made OT-62s. I would love to see it, it’s a seldom seen subject.

OT-62-idf-1973-f-1

I believe the officer in the middle is Itzhak Rabin.

2 Likes

I think they’ve been phased out around the late '50s - early '60s.

IMG_0555

tank1

2 Likes

@ReluctantRenegade thank you for these photos, fortunately i haven’t pulled the trigger on any figures. If you have any recommendations I’m open to them.

There’s a lot of interest in the BTR 50/OT62 … We could have the winner Max … :+1:

3 Likes