Just curious, how many started/unfinished kits do you have?

I probably have somewhere between 15 and 20 unfinished models. They are of all types, autos, armor, aircraft. Many different brands, Revell, AMT, Hasegawa, Takom, Hobby Boss, Italeri, Thunder Models, RFM, Eduard, etc. Except for Tamiya. Every Tamiya kit I start, I finish. Cars and helicopters are the kits I seem to run into the most problems, and have the most unfinished builds. I scored a big win against the Shelf of Doom recently. I had 4 unfinished 1/72 helicopters, that had been sitting around for 3 to 4 years. I put all 4 models in a boneyard helicopter diorama, that came out decent.

1 Like

I’ve got probably about 10 kits that are 99% done and only need one or two things finished. The only kit I’ve got that’s stalled it italeri’s horrendous sd.kfz 234 pakwagen. I bought it fairly cheap thinking that (1) how bad can it be, and (2) the excellent Dragon kit won’t be available again for a long time. Surprise! It came back into stock 3 days after I started the italeri kit which I will now probably bin. I doubt I’ll miss it

Thinned the ranks of the Shelf Queens from twelve to seven over the last year.

1994 Tamiya Pz IV J, shelved in 1994, worked on again occasion since 2019 to 2022, painted, just needs weathering…28+ years and counting

1998 Tamiya Panther G started w/Jaguar interior - got bored :sleeping: 20% built, probably won’t finish interior

2003 DML Kursk Panther D last worked on briefly 2021, 75 percent built, needs detailed

2017 Tamiya T-55 needs weathering

2019 Tamiya Panzer IV H needs touch ups

2020 Takom Panzer III N needs paint & weathering

2020 Tamiya Panzer III N needs paint & weathering

I started this post but never finis…

7 Likes

… hed.

2 Likes

Still have a Tamiya Cromwell staring at me from the work bench. The star decal messed up and I stripped the turret of paint and it sits there quietly guilting me wondering when I will come back.

Wayyyyy too many! I lost the use of an eye in January and everything has been put on indefinite hold, as trying to build and paint models and figures with one eye is very tiring for that eye (not to mention loss of depth perception), and becomes more of a chore than fun. Can’t even drive to the hobby shop to buy more kits I can’t build! :rage:
:grin: :canada:

All the prior kits mentioned on May 26th plus an RFM Stug IIIG that was started and stalled.

Only 4 or 5 projects in the works between figures and armor. Oh and a diorama

But still about 220 unbuilt kits in the stash. For when I retire in 4 years.

1 Like

had 6 kits half build for a few years
in Januari startet with a big challenge to finish 5 kits one project
after five months now a summer stop until end of september
than start again to finish this project
this is the result until now

4 Likes

It’s probably time to repost this - which was first aired on this site some time ago - but I find it priceless (and only wish I could obey such an edict):

I hope the originator doesn’t mind too much but it’s simply too good not to post (I do find it bloody funny, and sadly so relevent!).

8 Likes

Listen. Strange turrets lying in ponds distributing advise is no basis for a system of modeling.

4 Likes

Yup - got it! Brilliant, just brilliant.

Wow I’m in the middle of watching this video as we speak Brian!

1 Like

Karma, just Karma…

I’m being repressed! I’m being repressed!

2 Likes

Similar to what Uncle Night Shift (Martin Kovac) said last night in his video of the same subject… “Build models, don’t just collect them”

3 Likes

Im now down to 2 being built. only going to build to a set regime now. Either a campaign build where I buy specifically for it and build it or pick a kit, buy it then build it.

1 Like

One being built , started another yesterday , one or two started years ago .