Made in France - multi-genre

Thanks Jesper. Hope it works out for you.

I spent today finishing up the cockpit. Got the instrument panel painted and finished the ejection seat. As it’s the most prominent feature in jet cockpits, I like to spend a bit of time on them. After painting, the cushions got a wash with Citadel Sepia wash, and the seat structure a light dry brush with steel paint. Then made up the harness and straps with thin cut paper strips.

Going to call it a day now. Planning on getting the fuselage closed up tomorrow and work on wings, missiles etc.

8 Likes

Nice chair!

Got the AMX and its crew primed…

5 Likes

Thanks Bert.

The AMX is coming along nicely.

Cockpit parts fitted and fuselage buttoned up.
Starting to look an aeroplane now.

Also cleaned up the missiles. They had some large sprue attachment points and needed a lot of cutting and sanding. Need to find something to make up the rocket exhaust nozzles. They’re quite prominent on the R530 series. Wonder if heat stretching a bit of tube will do the job?

4 Likes

Stephen, indeed very significant. Looks like the nozzle could be made with cutting of the nose cone of a bomb or missile and hollowing it out?

However, also seems like some missiles did not have the tail nozzle? Maybe practice inert missiles without a rocket motor installed?

1 Like

Thanks Jesper. That actually makes a bit of sense and the thought hadn’t occurred to me.
I suppose as I’m doing a Tigermeet aircraft, it’s unlikely it would have carried live ordnance. Not sure if they would have carried anything, but I don’t have anything with R530’s in the collection.

1 Like

Some more work today.

Wings, Magic missiles, undercarriage cleaned up. Launch rails fitted.

Found that the nose cone needed some work to make it fit. Lots of filing needed.

3 Likes

You can always use some rod or sprue if it is wide enough. Put it in a drill and sand the main truncated cone shape from the section that pokes out the end. Then drill out the centre of the tapered point. Cut off the piece from the rod, turn it around and insert the hobby knife blade into the hole and twirl it around to pare out the rod into the wider flare shape.

1 Like

Good idea. I’ve got plenty of styrene tube so I’ll give it a go.

Really enjoying this kit. It’s an oldie, but it’s going together quickly and really well.

1 Like

Nose cone, intakes and wings are on. Wings will need a bit of putty to blend in.

3 Likes

It begins to look like a Mirage F1. :+1:

Olivier

2 Likes

Just arrived today - this will be my entry here. But it will be awhile before I start on it.

5 Likes

Thanks Olivier. It’s a really good looking jet.

I took Petbat’s advice and tried my hand at using my rotary tool as a makeshift lathe to make the rocket nozzles. Made them from a short length of tube.

Didn’t turn out too bad.

8 Likes

I would say they turned out very well. Good job.

2 Likes

Thanks Cam. Turned out a lot easier than I expected.

1 Like

This looks like a great place to work on something new to me, a 3D printed model of the Le Char D’Assaut Peugeot mod.1918 (C-2) with 75mm Blockhaus Schneider by Vargas Scale Models. There are very few parts to this 1/35 scale kit but it has the tracks & wheels all built together which is going to make it a challenge to paint.

Where do I post pictures for the start?

4 Likes

Sounds like an interesting subject. Always good to see some WW1 vehicles.

Yes, its unusual & very ugly, a perfect tank. There are no instructions or painting guides so it will be a best guess type of project.

Paul

1 Like

You have option!

Post your start picture and your finished picture in this thread, please; OR
create a thread under this campaign and post your pictures in it and link it to this thread.

I would just like the finish picture posted here or linked to in this thread to make it easy for me to figure out who completed the campaign at the end.

It sounds like you have a great subject!

Very good, I have done many campaigns on the old Kitmaker sites. I would like to post the start, build & finish pictures right here to share with all and get any suggestions that may come up.

Is there some instructions someplace on how to post pictures?

Paul

1 Like