Modelling armour in Ukraine crisis

If the Russians are coming to a modeling website for military advise they are in bigger trouble then they realize.

2 Likes

It is a good way to discard your old quite useless stuff. The chance they make the travel back home is thin to say the least. :grin:

Olivier

4 Likes

Interesting to note is the colours of most of tracks: most of us seems to put too much metal effects on our models!

2 Likes

haha yeah, I was looking at the circle ones and thought that is perfect when you lay on using the MBS mark!!

Hi Gary, there was this one….I purchased three of them in the day and unfortunately the Australian owner/ manufacturer committed suicide and never heard what happened to the molds etc. They are rare and pop up on evil bay now and again. I sold one last year for $280 Aussie dollars….I’m hoping now that Dragon Models are doing one in 1/72 they may upscale to 1/35!

2 Likes

@Frenchy, those pictures of the T72 in that hole would make a great diorama, especially as you have pictures from several different angles.

those amphibious tanks look like they have been attacked, the last time i saw those, they were still intact but stuck in the mud.

ok well when my mother had an accident in the kitchen whilst cooking she would announce dinner was ready by saying " here is tonight’s burnt offerings"

so i now offer you guys some burnt offerings:

i guess the unditching log isn’t much use as a fire extinguisher

i’m starting to think that a career as BMP-2 driver is not a good choice

Anyone care to translate this for me?

5 Likes

for me anyway; I recommend Dwight Birdwell’s book “Hundred Miles Of Bad Road.” We heard about him two hundred miles north, but nobody knew the name or unit (3/4 CAV). Another good one but also hard to come by is “No Greater Love.” The book lasts for a 36 hour time period, and will make your hair stand up.
Into The Valley is pretty good, and takes place about eight miles north of my base camp. Nolan did one on Mary Anne that’s not too bad, but glosses over a lot of things that were important. We just might see another book on Mary Anne from somebody I know. He was in there twice (most people only know about the first time). Then there’s another book he did (Hunter Killer) that’s about A Troop 1st / 1st Cav and the 196th or maybe 198th infantry in my neck of the woods. Once again he glosses over too much of it. His book on Rip Cord isn’t bad, but could have been twice as big. I think my favorite was Joe Stubbs book Valley Of Decision. It’s about Khe Sahn and also covers the surrounding hill country and Lang Vie (A101). He pretty much got it right, which I’m sure raised some hackles. I read Roy Benivedas (sp) book, and really liked it. Too bad that Bernie Adkins never wrote a book! It’d made your hair turn white. Route Pack Six is a super read! There is a book about the retaking of Cholon right after Tet in 68 that I’ve wanted to read for years, and another that may be titled Thunder Road.

Honestly I got more enjoyment reading about Bob Hope’s USO tours! Like a giant monologue. It’s a light read, and usually funny
gary

1 Like

Got to admit these look to be in really good condition. Granted they are older models but I’m sure Ukraine can update them, not as if the spares aren’t available!!

1 Like

ОТ ТАКА ХУЙНЯ (OT TAKA KHUYNYA) = FROM SUCH SH*T
Feels like some idiomatic expression which has a deeper/wider
meaning than simply the words themselves

2 Likes

According to wiki, Czech had 66 in storage. Very possible they pulled from that stock.

Here’s another one :wink:

H.P.

5 Likes

Now we’re talking seriously…

H.P.

3 Likes

Not a green tractor but it is the same general idea

5 Likes

I don’t see it as a double standard. I see one instance as aiding the victim (Ukraine) and the other as aiding the aggressor/ invader aka Russia.

2 Likes

There are some rather similar John Deere tractors available, but they’re diecast 1/32nd scale ones…Like this model made by ERTL

https://www.specificagri.fr/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/2John-Deere-8370R-Sali.jpg

H.P.

3 Likes

Okay, imagine if you’re China. Russia is your political and economic ally. …Now who is the victim and who is the aggressor?

Nope, its a double standard.

We do it constantly, for example, the USA hopping up and down because some country they happen to dislike at the time might be developing nuclear weapons, citing their regime as dangerously unstable, while simultaneously being led by someone like Trump, or the dribbling looney they have now. They’re all as bad as each other. Bush Jr was probably the worst, but I suppose to his credit, he wasn’t mad enough to threaten the use of WMD, he just pretended a country he didn’t happen to like at the time had them… and so the cycle continues.

I remember before undertaking active operations, the Padre would always be round telling us God was on our side, our cause was just… etc. What aload of old cods. The Padres on the other side were doing exactly the same. Both couldn’t be right could they?

In short, this all very much depends on what side of the fence you sit, and for many of us to be claiming the moral high ground based on the actions of our Governments, even in quite recent history, is disengenuous to the point of sick-making.

1 Like

The heavy tractor corps has been mobilized. The freaking great white of the ocean, no armor, aircraft or ship is safe. Russian intel picked up movement a few days ago and that’s why they have been advancing in a different direction (East).

3 Likes

Nice work on the destroyed tanks!!

1 Like

Did US, British or other troops commit the kind of atrocities reported from Bucha?
I still claim the right to kick a rapist repeatedly in the head, even if his best buddy
claims that he is a good guy.
China and Russia don’t treat their own citizens any better so I presume that Russian
behaviour in Ukraine is ‘par for the course’. Ethnic Russians in Ukraine hate Russia now …

3 Likes