Modelling armour in Ukraine crisis

Yup , but fat chance of that ever happening again.

5 Likes

Yeah well the media has to sell papers.

Free, independent, unsupervised and total access for media to combat zones
is about as common as hens teeth

Really difficult to report the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth
in those circumstances

1 Like

2 Likes

If one source decided to disseminate just the facts without editorialization… it would be so novel they might find themselves cornering the media market.

2 Likes

Frenchy, what is that tracked vehicle in the 3rd photo?

Same seller as the one I bought.

Abandoned Ukrainian AFVs in the Ukraine aren’t abandoned, they’re just having a rest…

Cheers,

M

1 Like

Whats the best 1/35 kit to depict a Ukranian T-64?? I have no knowledge on modern armour.

@Nickpal01 I’m no expert but i have gone with the trumpeter 1/35 T64-BV which can be used in the dobass region conflict 2015.

if you can find military modelcraft international magazine may 2017 issue then will find that whole issue dedicated to it.

hope this help,

Klaus

3 Likes

BTR-MDM Rakushka – A armored personnel carrier based on BMD-4M. It can carry 3 crews and 12 troops

2 Likes

Thanks @Klaus-Adler , I will have a look for this kit. Did you have a kit number for that one? I have had an idea come to mind with everything going on at present.

I really appreciate the help!!

Yes, satellite photo imagery is pretty impressive. But #1, that level of imagery is usally classified, #2, the images are then looked at by analysts who have to give their take on what they are seeing then passed on to the guys who correlate it with other forms of intel such as signals and human, #3 all that stuff is processed and put into best case, worst case, and likely case scenarios based upon known and revealed capabilities and estimates of intentions for presentation to the decision makers.
Lastly, it is not the job of the spooks and analysts to put out or counter propaganda. Especially with raw intel. You don’t want the other side and potential other sides to know exactly what your intel gathering capabilities are.

3 Likes

@Nickpal01 this what i bought from ebay

2 Likes

Ahman to the ghosts

My current progress:

Ukraine National Guard. Gotta have a smoke when your drinking coffee.
Tried their digital camo, used the less common tan/brown, then the more common grey/green (reminds me of the old US UCP style NO?)
Took 3 tries, digitial camo hard to get even close too…

My 1st snow base ! Yay !
Also just converted Harbor Fright bug swatter to Static Grass Machine for this.
GaZ needs alittle more snow and done.

7 Likes

Exactly. Couldn’t have put it better.

Thanks @Klaus-Adler . I just ordered one and am now sussing out all the aftermarket goodies.

Ukrainian Kevlar-E IFV prototype sent to the front :

https://defence-ua.com/news/z_zavodu_u_bij_nova_bojova_mashina_pihoti_kevlar_e_vid_kompaniji_ukrinnmash_peredana_zbrojnim_silam-6243.html

H.P.

3 Likes

Isn’t just being in country considered the front?

2 Likes