Modelling armour in Ukraine crisis

2 Likes

Thanks Rob, very informative.
Cheers mate, Jason

The Ryefield Models (RFM) kit looks to be the top kit to get. It certainly got good reviews :+1:

3 Likes

Thanks Neil, I think RFM has the votes.
Cheers, Jason

2 Likes

Good choice!

1 Like

That Russian machine gunner was very thoughtful to highlight the sniper’s aimpoint so visibily. Very considerate and respectful of his opponent. :rofl:

:beer:

1 Like

One thing is for sure, the battlefield is going to look a lot more 21st Century when all the real equipment turns up in a few months’ time.

1 Like

Does anyone know if any of the Bradleys or Marders have reached Ukraine yet?

Yes it will :gear:

4 Likes

:joy:

A pimped up lollipop is still a lollipop…

3 Likes

I’ve got an RFM 2A6 with interior on my bench now and it’s going together very well. I love the powerpack - nicely detailed but still within my limited capabilities. I’m leaving off some really tiny photoetch stuff but I don’t think it’s going to hurt anything.

H.P.

2 Likes

2S7 Pion + Renault GBC 180 truck

H.P.

5 Likes

2 Likes

I read a retired Russian general dismissed the M1s headed to Ukraine, saying they are “weakly suited for operation on dusty terrain like in Ukraine.” Which I guess explains their abysmal performance during DESERT STORM…no dust to be found around there…

Or by dusty, do you suppose he was referring to rasputitsa?

:beer:

6 Likes

In comparison to the T-72’s “far-reaching” performance… :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Weeelll …
The T-72 (and others in the family) has a feature to give the crew extreme battlefield awareness by the ability to observe the battlefield from an elevated position. Somehow it manages to elevate the sensors and sights very high above the tank. I think it raises the whole turret somehow …
Don’t know if they can fire at acquired targets from the elevated position or not …

4 Likes

Like when the turret is flying end over end after getting hit by a Javelin?? :crazy_face: The crew definitely has an unobstructed view then!

:beer: :cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

Only if the gun is already loaded, as the autoloader is disconnected.
Ken

1 Like

No-one mentioned Border so far.
Anyhow, none of the current kits match full A6 2018ff standard.
Most remarkable is the 6+2 smoke discharger arrangement,
Border, RFM, Revell (new) got them, Tamiya has 4+4.

2 Likes