Modelling armour in Ukraine crisis

Or better yet show them the production of new 120 L/55s shown on our TV lately. So that comrades dont get their hopes too much up.

Hello, does this step mean one can place ERA wherever one want on the ukrainian leopard by border? I ask because I noticed they repeated the ERa pattern for the front hull and turret.

source: https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10989814
Thanks for your answers, I’m still waiting for my kits.

Archer SPH

H.P.

1 Like

2 Likes

1 Like

H.P.

2 Likes

H.P.

6 Likes

H.P.

1 Like

So are the Gepards delivered in green or are they repainted? I thought I saw some in NATO 3 color.

A few pics of the Marder I just found. I apologize ahead of time for the bad quality… One seems to have a ‘diamond’ emblem which I also saw on a Challenger 2

4 Likes

hi
the Gepards look like the ones that were coming from Jordan which were ex dutch ones, different front Radar plus other stuff .
I read some where that 50 ex dutch Gerard’s in Jordan had be purchased and refurbished for the Ukrainians so this might be one of them
Ossie

2 Likes

Actually I don´t think so…the Gepards do have Wegmann smoke dischargers which the NL army did not use. The tracking radar looks different because it is in its travel configuration. Furthermore, NL had a very different surveillance radar. The mounting on op of the tracking radar is a laser rangefinder that during my time on Gepard was the version B2L (Laser) whereas the vehicles without that were B2R (Radar) which were the earlier ones. My guess is Gepard A1 or A2, but I am confused by the large unit (Additional APU? Aircondition?) in front of the exhaust grille which I only have seen on Gelards in Ukraine. Never have seen that device on Gepard before. The rearmost unit houses two large propeller vents, so maybe extra ventilation for enhanced digital computer systems. Unually, there were 2 stowage boxes in that place.

Andreas

3 Likes

:joy:

9 Likes

3 Likes

1 Like

1 Like

reminds me of something from the US army during WW2

I’ll have you know that’s the height of Russian military technology right there :rofl:

Check out this living museum piece. We were being taught about Russian equipment like this in the 80’s and this particular specimen was old then!

1 Like