Period Signage you can use on your Railroad:

CORRECTION: oops, I thought you said Indiana instead of Indian. I went back to reread it. Anyway I’ll leave what I my original reply below.

Mike, I used to live up in northeast Indiana. I can’t tell you where to find them but I’m 99% certain that downtown Fort Wayne has large advertisements still visible on building sides. I just never took photos of them. And I do recall some barns along state route 9 and I think even the interstate that goes between the Indianapolis and Cincinnati that had advertisements painted on them.

Gentleman, thank you for finding and posting these things and all the working Day old and cleaning them up. I love this old signage.

Something that I’ve done in the past is when you get model catalogs, and even things like sharper image and some of the home improvement magazines, it will have advertisement showing rugs, wallpaper, sometimes maps. I’ll cut those things out and keep them to use in the future.

2 Likes

iDeas:

WPA Era Photograph; Sprott, AL ~ © Walker Evans Photograph:

Last night’s sign work:

More sauce for the goose: (or maybe in this case it’s Vermouth.)

® ®

® ®

® ®

®

Toasters:

® ®

Cigarettes:

® ®

® ®

®

Autos:

® ®

®

And a few more this evening:

ColdBeer3

® BlueMoon2 ®

The Miller’s needs a bit more work but it is already nice enough to use in the smaller sizes.
Please Note: As Gino has pointed out the “Blue Moon” sign is modern (more or less) and should not be used pre-1995.

RoyalCrown2 ®

Coke and Coca-Cola are Registered Trademarks ® of the Coca-Cola International Corporation of Atlanta, GA

Another one finished last night:

Deleted by Author

Delrted by Author

What “Period” are you thinking of using the Blue Moon sign in?

Only reason I ask is that it was not bottle/marketed until 1995.

I am all over the map with these signs. Some modern (Relatively) and most vintage.
Age and use/application is up to the modeler.

I was gonna say that Gino lol. My favorite beer !

I guess it could be used on a modern layout.

1 Like

The vintage signs are so cool. I still see a few here and there on Long Island and in NYC on some buildings. Many old buildings are either torn down or refurbished into apartments.

1 Like

So I guess the idea is to always keep your “Blue Moon” in the “Cold War.”

Today’s Productivity:

LexTool&Die

Coke and Coca-Cola are Registered Trade Marks of Coca-Cola International of Atlanta, GA. ®

FYI: All this image clean-up and photographic editing is being done in the free image manipulation software “GIMP” ®

Which is discussed in greater depth over at:

Something currently in the works:
Don’t want to make this one too clean!

Just ordered some ink jet compatible water slide clear decal paper to soon try this out on a model barn I am working on!

Food for Thought" (i.e. Reference)
All photos by the Author

Another new one:

Some Industrial signs I made for a friend:

Just a few 1:1 painted billboards you may find interesting…

All of them (and hundreds more…) can be found in this Flickr album

https://www.flickr.com/groups/64278204@N00/pool/page1

Another source : https://www.flickr.com/groups/ghostsigns/pool/

H.P.

1 Like