Sci-Fi and Alternative History Campaign IX

Great work Mike and Karl @Karl187 - both doing some very fiddly, but effective work on those builds … :+1:

2 Likes

Hypno Toad- brilliant :rofl:!

1 Like

Rack 'em up, Minnesota Fats!:8ball:

I was summoned to the bomb room to work on the carousel and cradles today. :circus_tent:

So here’s the empty nester…

As the carousel rotates, a plunger-type reloading mechanism pushes the bombs into their respective cradles as they are lifted from below-deck somewhere on the right. :gear::plunger: :grin:

… and eight resin ruckus makers awaiting their turn to drop in! :bomb:

There will be a hole drilled through the ship’s floor and underbelly for “Bomben los!” :bomb::bomb::bomb::hole:

Happy space travels!
—mike … :flying_saucer:

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Next day [EDIT]

From the wonky double-sided tape ring to the George Forman Carousel Grill! All glued up with CA now. For a bit of visual interest, I placed MENG Resin Bolts around the carousel dome. :nut_and_bolt:

“Please stop with the spinning of the room! … Let… me… off!” :circus_tent: :face_with_monocle:

—mike :grin:

9 Likes

Engineering at it’s finest :+1:t3:

1 Like

Well, here is my token contribution.

A bit of pre-project planning for my Valkyrie Battleroid mini diorama.

Planning the Macross Island city scape.

Thanks for looking.

5 Likes

That’s a fantastic piece of scratch-work- quite an elegant design I think!

2 Likes

Absolutely terrific Mike… These additions are going to make it pop :+1:

2 Likes

Thank’s guys! Going back in today. Let’s see how “elegant” the carousel is when the room stops spinning. :circus_tent: :face_with_spiral_eyes::nauseated_face:

—mike

3 Likes

Lastly for tonight… I just got done with this side (1/2) of the Bomb Elevator Delivery System.

PS: When was the last time I used an actual office paper punch?! Good thing I still had it in the toolbox! :hole::hole::hole::hole::hole::hole: :rofl:

To be continued…
—mike …:flying_saucer:

7 Likes

All these fantastic additional bits are going to take it to a whole new level…the bomb carousel is my new favourite… That really is so clever

2 Likes

Thank’s John! But did you mean “cleaver?” :hocho:

—mike :grin:

2 Likes

Had a break in the weather today, so we as able to get some primer on the Kelvin.
Looks good but will have a proper check for any problem spots that might need a bit of work tomorrow.

6 Likes

“Stop making sense”…

The bomb rises from the floor via chain elevator, then it is pushed into the carousel whereupon the bomb is rotated to the far side and is dropped into the launch tube. … Does that make any sense?

Here, the launch tube is a drinking straw with a chopped Tamiya Bucket attached to its end.

Coming up… More Chain Elevator assemblies and more cutting and drilling into the saucer’s floor panel. :hocho: :hammer_and_wrench:

—mike :bomb::bomb: :bomb::flying_saucer:

7 Likes

Mike’s wife from the other side of the house.

Mike’s Wife: Mike, have you seen my new nails??

Mike:
Justsendit

8 Likes

I cut the ol’ battle-axe loose many years ago. Never could stand those long nail extensions. Now my daughter sports them. :nail_care:

You’ll poke yer eye out! :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
—mike

2 Likes

Haunebu IIb ‘Chain Mail’ Bomb Delivery System… :grin:

… and with a little chain for effect. :chains:

Whad’ya guys think?

9 Likes

Freaking awesome looking. Keep it up. :+1::+1:

3 Likes

^ yeah, what he said, Totally :+1:t3: :+1:t3: :+1:t3:

2 Likes

Thank’s guys! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I’m just wondering where the engines to power this thing will go Mike… or is it power only enough to keep it spinning after launch?

:clown_face:

These scratch built bits are really adding to the build. Some great ideas here.

5 Likes