Sci-Fi and Alternative history campaign X

Day 5 .

The middle sections of both sides are done . Not perfect … but that’s okay for me .

This morning i did the first sketching of the rear end propeller parts / drive system , this will be continued on a computer with a drawing program .

10 Likes

Looking good so far Gerrit.

Small update to Red 5. Got the cockpit and Luke done. Should be priming tomorrow.

10 Likes

@ Gerrit (Killnoizer). Very nice chop-shop work. :hocho:
@ Dave (Dixon66). Luke looks very comfy in his office space. :sunglasses:

—mike …:flying_saucer:

2 Likes

Upps, i have build another Red 5 last year :star_struck::smile:

7 Likes

Cool. LOL

2 Likes

The poll has finished and here is the clear winner with 45% of all votes! Thanks to all that voted!

10 Likes

Nice badge !

Back to topic …

I don’t know which variant to build , i want to place the turbine style props into a round shaped housing . Or better complete naked without any cover ?

Please help me :cry:

3 Likes

Not much traffic here :thinking:.

I worked on the wing bases and sanded the shape to fit on the new place .

10 Likes

Cool idea for shaping the wing bases! That’s looking good! :hammer_and_wrench:

1 Like

The new wing mounts and the body shaping look really good … I’m confused by the turbine props though … Can you show what the props look like for size etc . I would of thought they would need some form of housing around them to channel and direct air flow ??

3 Likes

There is nothing but housings on the pic :thinking: i am not shure what to do …

2 Likes

OK, I see it better now. I would use either of the bottom 2 versions in that case.

2 Likes

Yeah I agree with @Johnnych01 , one of the bottom two.

1 Like

I would go for the bottom ones as well. They look more finished and streamlined.

2 Likes

I am going to do this after I finish the Winter Wonderland campaign…the new 1/32 Tie Fighter by AMT…

Then I will also try to build and refinish this… the Revell 1/29 X Wing…should scale pretty close with the Tie…out of the box it is pretty much a toy…I have some 3D printed parts coming…but not going totally crazy $$$$…some updated parts, repainting and a new pilot.

8 Likes

Checkmate. …:european_castle: :crown: :thinking:

Hi guys!
Lately, I’ve been working on the diorama base. I glued all of the Evergreen Styrene sheets together (see large joints). In addition, I started scribing and adding a few fractures (bottom left and middle right). The green tabs with red dots are rough landing gear boundary points.

Double-sided tape tacked-in for positioning the concrete sheet onto the wooden base.

Giving the Styrene sheets some time to cure before moving onto the next steps… texturing, painting and light weathering.

“Hurry up and make a move, nincompoop.” :face_with_monocle:

Thank’s for having a look.

9 Likes

First tryout shows that the angle of the wings are not correct, so i have to put a sheet of 1,5mm between to push the wings a bit upwards .

And finally this evening the main parts are together , most of the clear parts must be fixed from the inside …

At all, the kit seems to come from the stone age …

9 Likes

Day 9 .

Much much fine sanding done .
Fuselage and wings are prepared for the landing gear …

The complete silhouette looks good for me .
Maybe i build the props without housing , that could be around 50-60 single blades to made .
Sanding is the ZEN of model work :pray:.

9 Likes

Gerrit, looking good. Shape looks nice with the wings on. Question though … If the blade props are going on the rear of the fuselage, what are you going to use the wing engine mounts for ?

1 Like

Stayed tuned for more.

2 Likes