Smells like teen (fighter) spirit

I had hoped to finish my F-16 during the weekend but got occupied by other stuff. But I managed to get some stuff done. What is left is a couple of antennas, some detail paint, the sniper pod, a base and finishing the pilot.

6 Likes

@SGTJKJ, Thank you Jesper. I was worried about being able to keep that shine on this one. It was neat to find the receipt and get memories of that shop and the owners. Good times and good people.
@bwilt, Your F-16XL is progressing very well Bert. I can’t wait to see what sort of paint scheme and load out you do on it. So many weapons pylons!
@Erik67, Erik your F-16 is SO close to the finish line now! Looking better and better!!!

2 Likes

Good thing there is still three months left of the campaign then… :joy:

2 Likes

Mission complete!

I call this one finished. It has been a fun and challenging build, merging Hasegawa and Revell parts. The Hasegawa kit is not bad despite its age, but the Revell kit is better. I will definatly go for Revell for my next F-16. The end result is sort of ok, but I see that I could have done a better job on the wheel bay. But as I said, this one is finished, the bench is cleaned and I´m ready for the Spitfire campaigne!

12 Likes

Beautiful, really like the pilot and stairs, great extra detail!

1 Like

Lovely build and finish Erik, well done :+1: :beers:

1 Like

Beautiful build Erik!

1 Like

Primed, and some extra “stowage” for under the wings…

No idea about the colors, thought of just red,white and blue… but might go for a nice camouflage pattern…

4 Likes

Erik your completed Viper looks excellent. The airfield base and the pilot climbing up the boarding ladder are the perfect finishing touches! Very well done! :+1:t3::+1:t3:

1 Like

Great build, Erik. Looks great :+1:t2::slightly_smiling_face:

Bert, nice big weapons package. Looking forward to see more.

1 Like

She’s a stunner, Carlos! Hats off, my congrats :+1: :+1:

Excellent build, Erik! With the pilot on the ladder it is really lively! :saluting_face:

1 Like

Thank you for all the nice comments guys. It was fun to be part of a campaign again. The bench is cleaned and ready for the Spitfire campaign which starts on Friday.

4 Likes

Spitfire Campaign?? Did I miss something?!
I must check my stash for an entry… :face_with_monocle: :face_with_monocle: :smile:

You find it here

1 Like

Thanks, Erik! Found it and will join it :smile:
At least two candidates in my stash…

1 Like

Thank you for the compliments Peter.

Didn’t get much time tonight. But stole enough time to paint the ejection seat handle

Also base coated the ejection seat, it’s cushion, the cockpit tub and instrument panel

7 Likes

Ejection seat is painted! Just need to add the danger decals and weather it a bit.

I’ve also started to detail paint the cockpit. I sprayed it Tamiya neutral gray then masked and sprayed the “arm rest” panels black. I’ve started to pick out various knobs from reference photos.

I am debating doing the same to the instrument panel and the two panels right and left of the instrument panel. They both have decals but I hate putting decals over really raised instrument panel details

8 Likes

Nice work in the cockpit and on the bang seat. The stencils and placards do dress up those seats appropriately.

1 Like