Spitfire!

Looking very good, Joe. I have to disagree with you regarding the cockpit and fit though. On my IXe it fitted like a glove, but I used the ProfiPack edition and the thinner PE armor plate possibly makes a difference. Anyway, from your initial pictures I´m sure your IXc will be a looker.

1 Like

This is my progress so far on my IXC

And finally on its legs. Still some work to do, but getting there

Pete

9 Likes

That’s looking top top Pete …

I had the first casualty of war just now … the Spit slipped out my had and went in nose first…

One prop snapped off and one cracked and bent back… luckily the one that snapped had a jagged break, so it mated up nicely when I did the fix …

Also fitted the wings, and tailplane complete. :+1:

3 Likes

Accidents happen Johnny. Lucky you had no major repairs to do. Its looking like a spit now.
Pete

Hello mates, I call my Spitfire done now!

Nice kit, no big issues and recommendable (KP) :blush:
:raising_hand_man:

12 Likes

Turned out very nice, Peter :+1:t2:

Thanks Erik! :pray:

Nice job Peter. Fine looking Seafire.

Pete

1 Like

Done a figure of James Johnson to go with the Spitty

Pete

9 Likes

Looking good there, a typical nonchalant RAF pose lol… shoot down a few hun, then back to the mess for tea and medals …hoorah !!

I was reading a bit about the Mk XII I am building, I didn’t realise only a 100 of that Mk were built … I always imagined each Mk had hundreds built… everyday is a school day :grin:

3 Likes

Many thx, Pete!

Hi Johnny
Yeah the most of all the mks built was the IX and it was a stop gap to counter the FW190s. I believe …

Pete

1 Like

Got all the bits and pieces on the wings and also the underside.

Will start on the undercarriage tomorrow…

Also used a little bit of Mr Surfacer 500 on a few of the joints.

7 Likes

Looks a beauty, you’ve nailed that one.

We see quite a few Spitfires on the forum and yours is right up there.

Watto.:clap:

1 Like

So the special hobby Vc progresses slowly due to other commitments, but progress it does.
I had an awful time trying to get the fuselage together with the cockpit installed and there was a significant gap right in front of the cockpit that no matter how I clamped or adjusted it I could not get to close up. It took several rounds of putty, and still needs some smoothing.

I was worried that it would cause the windshield not to fit, but as it turns out it would have been a problem if I had got it closed up.

Once I cleaned most of the absolutely heinous amounts of flash off the bottom the windscreen is actually a perfect fit, which is a first for this build so far.

I also got the horizontal stabilisers installed and they flat out did not fit at all. I had to open up the slots in the fuselage, and thin down the tabs on the stabilisers before I could get either of them inserted.

4 Likes

Well, our friend the carpet monster made a call today … possibly yesterday …

Part B14 went to pay the monster a visit .

I think it’s some type of instrument sensor ?

Anyway, I had to try and make one up…

Just used a very small square of evergreen and shaped it from that. Test fitted it and looks ok, so once that’s painted grey shouldn’t be an issue.

5 Likes

That’s the pitot tube, it measures airspeed. Always found them to be notoriously tricky to work with. If they don’t ping off into a parallel dimension, they usually break when you’re cleaning them up. Replacing is probably a good idea.

This one’s coming together nicely. I might have to get one of these myself, I missed the first release a couple of years ago. I think it was the first of the Griffon engine versions?

2 Likes

That is the very last part I glue to a model. Often after I have finished the paintjob. I keep my personal carpet monster slim in that way…

4 Likes

15 Likes

LOL…that’s too good!:rofl: :rofl: