Star Wars Universe Alternative Camo Schemes Group Build

The At-St walker looks great in its plucked livery John.

1 Like

Very cool camo on the AT-ST!

Thanks Ryan :grin:

Or a Holstein Friesian if it was an AT AT lol

2 Likes

And thanks @RonW @SGTJKJ and @petbat
The stance will be less chicken like once I get it onto a simple base…:grin:
As it’s a 12 monther I may keep an eye open for a reasonable 2nd kit to do … Maybe a TIE or X wing …

I can not find what kit this is? Manufacturer and scale, please?

Bandai 1/48.

1 Like

@Johnnych01 John, the model and camo look fantastic!

1 Like

Thanks Wade. The kit is very nice and super easy to assemble thanks to it being an easy pop and go… I did use some AK extra thin on some parts just to strengthen them.
The only real things that took any time was the painting of the internal cab.

It was pretty much straight out the box apart from the remote rear facing cannon turret under the body, the slightly modded RH weapon station and I cut some sections of clear plastic for the cab windscreens and painted them Tamiya clear red.

2 Likes

Time to call the ATST done…

Enjoyed my first SciFi build, and I may yet still do another one for this group build… We will see.

The Bandai kit went together really well and is very nicely detailed throughout. You could easily get away with just popping it together but I used some AK thin on most parts to be doubly safe.

I only added a couple of extra parts into it. The windscreens were from some clear plastic cut to size and then given a coat of Tamiya clear red.
The rear facing pulse cannon under the main body… And the RH weapon station on the cab.

Now, … Where are those pesky Ewoks :grin:

11 Likes

Looks great John. I like the camo scheme.

Nice John. Looks more like ‘struttin its stuff’ than waiting to be stuffed now… :rofl:

1 Like

Thanks Peter… It definitely did have a chicken like stance before… The kit is actually pretty good for putting it in a lot of different poses and angles.

1 Like

John, it looks outstanding! Very well done :heavy_check_mark:

1 Like

Thank you Wade, very kind of you to say so :+1:

1 Like

John, very nice final look. The camo looks very cool and will probably be quite effective in many types of terrain.

Congrats on finishing! :raised_hands:t2::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hey Guys

I hear medals for completing campaigns is now a thing on the forum - are we doing one for this campaign?

Sure, I don’t see why not. You have any ideas? I draw stick figures so no art from me.

Ryan, we are in the same boat. :slight_smile:

I am slowly finding my way around the site. This is good information for campaign leaders :slight_smile:

In short there are some templates that allows us to make medals. Not too difficult if you have the program installed. However, I cannot install programs on my computer as I do not have the administration rights.

Instructions for badges

2 Likes

Sadly medal design is not my thing and to be honest, at the time they didn’t factor into the campaign builds… And I ain’t no artist …

3 Likes

John, I have been enlisted by a couple of guys to have a go at making them awards… I’ll see what I can do for you too.

‘Mates rates’ on the commission fee :rofl:

3 Likes