T-54/T-55 Campaign

@SGTJKJ Jesper, i was looking for those books but no one had them in stock.

1 Like

Interior ready to be assembled and weathered …

by Rodolfo Masti, on Flickr

4 Likes

The desert sand is everywhere …

11 Likes

That looks awesome.

Looks very nice and weathered, Rodolfo!

Plastic has been cut - my old school ESCI T-55 is underway :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Injector pin Marks anybody? I have plenty to spare :smile::smile:
At least they are raised so I can just sand them off.

2 Likes

Looks like a bit of flash too.

1 Like

I have this kit with lots of additional ERA blocks to turn it into an IDF Samovar but have been postponing it for so long…

You build is definitely a manly man’s build.

2 Likes

Let the pain begin!

1 Like

Not bad result with link and length tracks for a very old kit.

Any good suggestions for interesting camouflages?

Right now I am deciding between a north Vietnamese tank with lots of camouflage and an afghan version with parade markings. Both in overall green and a bit boring.

1 Like

If you want colour, there are a lot of interesting camo styles out there for the T-55A
Afghani?

Serbian?

Craotian?

Egyptian?

1 Like

Very cool stuff, Peter. I have the Croatian decals, but looking at the T-55s in Yugoslavia they seem to be significantly different from the ESCI version. Not that the ESCI version is accurate to begin with, but still quite a gap.

The afghan ones are definitely an option. The Egyptian also looks super cool. Markings should be possible although the license plate would probably be from a T-34/85. :roll_eyes::slightly_smiling_face:

I will see if I can find that picture :+1:t2::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I have been free riding on Miniart’s research. Looking at their different versions to see which on the ESCI resembles the closest. I think it is the model 1963 which means there is also the super colorful one from Syria! :slightly_smiling_face:

That would be a colorful challenge indeed! :grin:

A little more progress. The ESCI is a fine kit. Obviously not up to todays standards, but a fine enjoyable build none the less.

With exception of the handles and the headlight guards I will keep it out of the box. Of course also a bit of storage and camo netting.

More to follow :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Glad to hear that… :+1:

Looks good so far!

1 Like

The base coat is on. Next is the quite complex camo pattern. It will be something out of the ordinary :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Do you have wheels glued to the tracks? How will you paint the tires on the wheels and the tracks near the wheels? Please show more details. I have seen this performance several times, but I don’t know how to paint it.

1 Like

Yuri, the tracks are easy brush painted. The tires require some time and precision. If it had been rubber style tracks I would have kept it separate. However, with link and length style tracks this is the easiest for me. It also makes weathering much easier and accurate on the running gear.

I will try to remember to show it in more detail once I get started. :slightly_smiling_face:

I paint separately.

These parts have a different set of colors. And this allows me to:
1.Use an airbrush when painting
2. use tape masks - round for wheels and strips for tracks on tracks.
There is only one drawback (in my opinion) - different weathering for individual parts.

2 Likes