That's not a big plane, *this* is a big plane

Copy that. Not that I’m concerned with hoarding medals. Just trying to manage my bench time effectively.

I hear you on bench time. I keep a spreadsheet of the builds I’m doing for group builds and I have accrued a lot of red rows for builds where my eyes were bigger than my bench time budget…

And I’m not trying to be an enforcer, that’s just my understanding of how we handle things.

I view it as it’s up to the campaign manager. Some campaigns lend themselves to cross overs. The timing isn’t great but if doing the 1/72 diorama campaign and using a B-17 from that here to me would be ok in general. I know you said no and that’s cool to me just providing an example of something that might have worked if you said yes. When doing the figure campaign, I let folks use figures from another campaign in that one as the figure wasn’t the main point of the other campaign.

Generally speaking the rule is as Phil stated, one model, one campaign/group build. If you’re building a dio with several components, and you use different components as stand-alone entries in different group builds, bringing everything together in the end, I’d say that’s probably OK if it’s clearly laid out, but the general rule has been in place for years.

Michael :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Yes, I agree with Ryan and Michael on things like dios.

1 Like

My entry for this campaign (and my first 144th scale build since 15 years :face_with_hand_over_mouth:)

Academy minicraft EC-121 warning star in 1/144th scale

3 Likes

I’m glad to see so many people building for this.

Completed cockpit attached now to the cargo bay floor. The cargo bay is fairly featureless in the kit so I am using the Big Ed pe set which will certainly add some colour.

Folding the long cargo rails was somewhat challenging but they add to the look.

cheers
Michael

11 Likes

Great detailing and the cockpit has come out looking superb. Those PE cockpit details really lift them up … I will try to add at least cockpit detailing on any birds I do in the future. Lovely work Michael. :+1:

1 Like

Lol, I’ve got the 2012 flavor of that kit I was planning on building too. Want to use the Caracal decals for one of the White over Gray Navy planes. :wave:

Thanks John. I sometimes question myself about the effort in this scale especially as it will be next to invisible. I haven’t tested how transparent the “glass” is for the flight deck to be able to see the details. The fitout of the cargo bay will also be interesting as to what’s visible. Definitely have to leave the access points open.

cheers
Michael

1 Like

Cockpit installed and cargo bay fitted out, on the right hand side at least.

creature comforts

interior roof detail

and seating

cheers
Michael

12 Likes

All sealed up and wings dry fitted to see how they went. The fit is very good. Build some engines next, I think four was the minimum requirement.

The wingspan on this 1/72nd plane is 55cm or 22in. I think this also made in 1/48th by Italeri though I have never seen one.

cheers
Michael

7 Likes

Hi Everyone,

They say that third time is a charm. This will be my third attempt, as the previous two were thwarted due to moves. Over time I’ve picked up some extras, and don’t foresee any moves coming!

I’ll be going with Monograms B-29, a big plane. While a good kit in the genre of Monogram big bombers, there’s a few things that need to be addressed to get it a bit more accurate. Though once done I’m pretty sure nobody will mistake it for something other than a B-29.

And so it begins, scribing the panel lines. I’ll see you all in a month or so!

Stay safe, have fun!

11 Likes

whoa! That’s a big plane!

1 Like

Still in work, In 1/700 scale, the plan is to spend most time cutting to getting the C-5M forward and aft ramps displayed. The visor detail will be limited to a bit of the lip at the roof line. Most of the engine work is getting nacelles lined up. Nice that there is much to add in this scale. Containers, vehicles, so should be fun!

7 Likes

I have probably missed this in an earlier post Stuart, but what are the dimensions of this in 1/700 ?

1 Like

This is in inches on the top of the scale. Pretty small! 75 1/2 meters in 1/700 scale is 4.246" long

4 Likes

Cool, cheers :+1:…great little size for a Dio though with those extras and other bits you can get for it …

1 Like

A small update on the Herc. A lot of time taken up with things that don’t fit, e.g. engines, glass and nose, but plenty of swearing got me over the worst of it and I am not far off a primer coat to see what else I need to fix. Certainly some panel lines are in my future.

cheers
Michael

11 Likes