That's not a big plane, *this* is a big plane

Is it possible to have “a small update” on a plane like this???

:innocent:

4 Likes

Not sure what’s going on with this campaign - a slow burner for sure!
Anyway the Hercules made it in and out of the paint shop. Not so happy with having gone down the hi-viz route with a lot of masking - that single dark gray of the modern Hercs is much more appealing in hindsight - but I got there with several visits to the paint booth.
Everything is just a dry fit at the moment. It was easier to mask and paint in two parts.

Decals to come and some tidy up of the walkways.

And to the rest of you, start your builds! :star_struck:

cheers
Michael

11 Likes

Michael,
That’s a good looking big plane! I think it’s slow because things are big! I’m still working on the wings of mine, and the scribing while mundane and easy takes a bit of time due to sheer size. Perhaps an update will happen soon. Keep up the great build, it looks way cool!
John

1 Like

I should really start my B-17 soon

Maybe the overall gray is easier to paint but that looks much better and well worth the work, IMO!

1 Like

That scheme is looking very, very good. The demarcation lines are really nicely done with what look like perfect finishes … Excellent work :clap:

Wow, my plan is for a 1/144 C-121 (Connie), and my spray booth is choking on handling a 1/72 SR-71. How do you guys paint stuff as large a C-130? Can you even use a booth? :wave:

1 Like

Thanks all for the kind comments.
@md72 for masking and painting the C-130 is still in two parts i.e. body and wing. I think it would be very difficult to manage as a complete plane. The fit of the two is pretty good so I am in two minds as to whether I join them permanently or leave as it is.

cheers
Michael

2 Likes

If the fit is that good, I would be very tempted to leave as is …?

Very nice work on the C-130. As for the campaign, well big planes need more time, preflight check, individual engine starts, route planning, you know :smile:. I promiss that I will start the work once I paint the Pak40, finish weathering on Dingo and finish the USS Thresher, which I havent started yet. You know, the usuall campaign overcommitment.

3 Likes

Well I am done. My RNZAF Hercules in a typical 1980’s Hi-viz scheme. The model is Zveda C-130H in 1/72. Since I am happy it’s finally complete a few photos.

I decided to show it doors open, not that you can see much interior, but I know it’s there.

Nothing like a red kiwi in a roundel to say New Zealand.

A look into a gloomy interior and I see the bench seat supports have started to rise. Very strange

There are about 60+ decals on this aircraft but in about 150 pieces. The walkway markings, both black lines and red/white warnings broke up frequently.

But a cool colour scheme which is why a mainly wanted to build this.

and it definitely met the campaign requirement - this is a big plane.

and a final parting shot

cheers
Michael

21 Likes

Excellent Michael. Now all it needs is a few sheep being loaded! (Duck, weave, dodge)

1 Like

Thats impressive. Great looking Herc. Did a nice neat job with the decals and paint scheme … Lovely :+1:

1 Like

Congratulations that is a great looking Herc. :+1::+1:

1 Like

Phantastic build, very nice interior! You did a great job! :+1: :+1:
:raising_hand_man:

Thanks guys, much appreciated! I will let the sheep joke slide but store it away for the future :rofl: :rofl:

cheers
Michael

1 Like

Awesome build, Michael. What a beauty! That is stunning work and super details!

Congrats on finsihing! :slight_smile:

1 Like

@SGTJKJ Thanks Jesper! I really appreciate those comments!

cheers
Michael

1 Like

I finally start my EC-121.

The assembly is really nice and quick. Two negative points:

• the upper part has no guide holes, so i improvise a solution
  • a part from the front undercarriage broke under the weight of the ballast. I replaced the broken part with a styrene rod.

9 Likes

Not quite the same , went to a large scale association meeting this week end, these are big.

3 Likes