The Great Canadian Campaign!

Awww Man! I would have saved that kit for today. With all the traffic on this thread I thought we had an amended early start date.
No problem - I got something for ya. I’m doing a Canadian manufactured Valentine in Canadian markings. One of the 40 that were kept at home for training. And I’m starting it tonight so that I’m legit.

2 Likes

The date was changed to 01 May 2021 ? so you should be good Matt … I think Ezra couldnt wait, so did indeed change the date …

3 Likes

John I hope so. I’ve been saving that Ram kit to do it up right and this is my first campaign.

1 Like

I hope so. The only campaign Ive seen with close this many replies is the Sherman campaign on the old kit maker.

How you gonna make such ridiculous claims without providing the equally ridiculous proof to share with everyone else?

I genuinely dont know how to respond to that picture…

Pre-builds? You mean the Ram Mk. II I just finished doesn’t count in the campaign?

No it counts Matt, we started the campaign early so its ligit today is just the original start date.

I think Ezra couldnt wait, so did indeed change the date …

Way to throw me under the bus John… if I remember correctly Dennis should take at least half the blame as well. :rofl:

2 Likes

Sorry, I was totally messing with you. I couldn’t resist.

1 Like

Blasphemy

1 Like

By building it. That thing is going on my to do list for sure.

I noticed in some other campaignes you need to post a starting picture… Ezra doesn’t seem to be to strict about it, guess it’s the Canadian friendly and laid back style :+1:
But just to be sure my entrie (first ever on any campaign) doesn’t get disqualified…

2 Likes

Had to push some stuff aside on my bench/living room table…

2 Likes

Glad to see you joining us!
That is a lot of LAV’s…

Todays first task was to add a UN helmet based off this picture.

It was base painted a light blue, had chips applied with a brush then had a dust coat added with AK dust oil brusher.

Here’s how it looks in position on the TUA. Adds a nice splash of color me thinks.

I cant wait to finish spraying on the UN stencils…

9 Likes

Looking at those pictures I first thought you were adding smurfs to your model :rofl:

1 Like

Mine too! I might use the Tamiya Nashorn

1 Like

We can build a battalion of Canadian Nashorns

schweres Panzerjägerbataillon Ahornsirup

4 Likes

It could be a little mini sub campaign…

1 Like

I don’t know, but I get this weird feeling you have a “thing” for this kind of vehicle…
Looks like you have some finishing up to do as well.

2 Likes

yeah, I like them, didn’'t know it was that obvious :rofl:
ran into a couple of them at prices between 10 and 15 euro… and they are not in any campaign, so no time limit :grimacing:

1 Like

When you’re a German artillery officer in Italy, 1944, and the panzerjager battalion starts speaking Tragically Hip

4 Likes

Had a full day of building yesterday, but it was mostly spent finishing up my T-54. Now that it’s off my plate I’m back to the Churchill! Been very hot here lately so it’s given me time to hide in the basement and build. Getting close to actually starting to glue stuff into the hull. Added rivet detail the fire wall, and it’s about to be glued in and clamped to set. This will also help square up the hull which as a very slight skew

4 Likes

You are rocking it . That looks great.

1 Like

Canadian Mexas update . Work continues but slowly. I decided to do a base that was similar to reference pic for the same vehicle in Afghanistan.
Now It’s time to start the weathering process.

6 Likes