The Great Canadian Campaign!

they do kinda, but they’re actually not too faithfully rendered Leo 1’s

1 Like

@SSGToms Looks great Matt. Taking it up a notch.

My only suggestion is that you have a heavy mud/dust coat on the bogie arms and drive sprocket face but nothing in the spoked road/idler wheels. If I can suggest you do a real thin version of the colour and let it flow of the brush by capillary action into the crevices of the spokes and around the hub, to blend the colours together more. Thin enough to need 2 or 3 sessions to build up slightly different layers and for one go adding a thin film over the expanses of the curved inner wheel faces and maybe the inner face of the track pads too. It will just draw all the colours together without making it all one solid brown shade.

2 Likes

Gotta love the Ram tank, especially Mk. I (if memory serves of course I like the one with the small mg turret)
An excellent work and my only wish there was a cRam tank in 1/72 scale

Just finished Canadian Lee of the GGHG in England early 43. Took too long for this Campain but is Canadian.

There are more pics under Canadian Lee.

10 Likes

The subtle changes and details really make that Lee stand out

Beautiful work Cam. Is that painted in SCC 2 Brown? It looks fantastic.

Thanks for the comments, the base paint colour is AK’s S.C.C.2 Brown

I love it! Thats one of the best M3’s Ive seen built.

Thanks for the complement. The Lee is a little different from what you normally see and the Takom kit makes a great starting point.

Project Maple Leopard continues

2 Likes

Work continues on the Churchill hull interior

2 Likes

Wow. that is a nice looking build and that barrel is cool

@Canmedic I think the drooping is a real issue. One that’ll haunt you. I also feel that more often then not larger resin castings are no addition to a kit, whereas the original barrel can be made to look more acceptable.
The rest looks superb, though.

I have not done a thing these past few weeks. I am waiting for cooler weather. Slippery, sweaty fingers and a drowsy mind do not make for good builds.

Ohhh I didnt see the droop. Hols the barrel in hot water ( do not use boiling) . Resin has a memory and will return to its natural shape when cool

1 Like

Hi Canmedic, if it was me I’d find some brass tube of the right diameter to replace the “naked” resin barrel, and add all the resin details onto it as an armature. (I’ve also straightened warped 2-part plastic barrels by hollowing them out to take brass rod as a core, with the plastic clamped around it. Throws out the balance, but if the gun elevation is fixed by a dust-cover then it doesn’t matter how nose-heavy it is!)

1 Like

Well that worked surprisingly well Chris thank you.

I don’t have a before photo, but I can see the difference.

Also, as a bonus for you…

A human! I needed a break from brass origami so I’ve decided to work on my crew for a bit. I grabbed the “NATO Tank Crew” set from Verlinden

I think in this case NATO translates to “vaguely non Warsaw Pact looking” but they’re the closest thing I can find to sub in for Canadians and I’m going with a winter theme so at least they’re dressed for the weather.

I know there’s lots of work to go on that commander’s torso. Still some big gaps in the arms, but I wanted some colour on to see how it looked.

1 Like

Lots of excellent builds here so far. Well done guys. I’m sorely tempted to purchase a Hobby Boss Canadian Leopard C1A1 just so I can hop in the GB - I’ve never built a Canadian vehicle before and I really love the look of the MEXAS equipped leopards.

1 Like

Do it! There’s always room for one more!

Agreed do it the Mexas is beautiful