The Great Canadian Campaign!

Got the interior painting started. Hope I can get some assembly work started next weekend. :wave:

3 Likes

OK got it started last Saturday. How’s this for a building location?

Under an F-5A at the Seattle Museum of Flight during the NWSM annual display. :wave:

6 Likes

Thought the people here might like my latest horror… the C4005 Caribou…

9 Likes

Im In! I have an M5A1!

4 Likes

Lovely mobile garden!

2 Likes

Surely that’s one of the Fraggles from Fraggle Rock?..

2 Likes

Your location sure beats mine!!
Quite inspirational, I would think.

I am not even going to ask what that is. But it looks well built.

1 Like

I have had time to dwell on this. I think Muskox might be more accurate in terms of both bulk and hairdo

4 Likes

At this rate I’m going to print out a list of Canadian mammals and start crossing names off

2 Likes

Alright! Finally getting back to this one!

3 Likes

Yessssss… Are you going to do a tank from Afghanistan or on exercise in Canada?

1 Like

I’m thinking Afghanistan. Likely this marking here

3 Likes

Got the first couple steps done. Deviated a bit and glued the hull together before adding details and suspension arms to avoid damage. This is my first Meng kit and I am super happy. Fit so far is outstanding and the plastic is a nice consistency that sands well but isn’t soft or brittle

I also added welds to the rear plate following the photo from the Calgary stampede

5 Likes

Re worked the weld seams by adding more liquid cement, flattening them a bit, and and the retexturing them. Looking for feedback

5 Likes

Starting to look like a tank!

Enjoying my first Meng build. Very crisp detail and excellent fit. Gonna buy more for sure

7 Likes

Time to get this show on the Road. A Canadian designed plane in Canadian markings made by a Canadian modeling company. Perfect fit for the campaign :slightly_smiling_face:

More to follow soon :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Nice pick Jesper! I love the clunk. At one point it was the only all weather capable interceptor in NATO. There are some really cool paint schemes for these planes so make sure you look around.

1 Like

It seems like the after market markings are only for an all metal scheme. I know there European camouflage schemes as well.
Anything else I am missing? Very open to alternatives.

1 Like

These are the markings I have to work with:

2 Likes