The Story Behind Your Username and Avatar?

I forgot to post a full size image so here it is.

2 Likes

Have you seen John Wick push pencils?
Puts a whole new twist on the usage of pencils …

iflytb20 after TB20, the first aircraft I soloed in. I first used this name way back in 2004 on an aviation forum and it stuck with me ever since.
My DP is a picture I took during one of my many night flights :nerd_face:

My skill lies in pushing buttons, I’m so adept at it I don’t even know I’m doing it . . sometimes :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Cajun

Ah, the good old LIRR! We had the Montauk branch at the foot of our back yard, and many an evening’s television was punctuated by the blatt of horns approaching the Locust Avenue crossing… (My HO collection is dominated by GP38-2s in the Blue Wave scheme of the 1980s/90s.)

My own avatar is of course Opus the Penguin, from the Bloom County cartoon strip. And my username reflects my own archaeology profession and nearest town…

(Back when Maggie Thatcher was accused of being “positively Daggers” by a political opponent, he clarified that she was fully two stops past Barking!)

2 Likes

Lol! Thanks Cajun! A desk was a luxury like a flush toilet and hot shower in my experience. :wink:

1 Like

Hey Carlos! Just realized you’re in Louis Lamour country, Felize Navidad brother! :latin_cross:

Cajun

Feliz Navidad Terry. Yes, moved to AZ as soon as I retired at the end of last winter, right before all of this madness started. Lived in in Southern California for most of my life prior to that. Please don’t hold that against me. Lol. The exceptions being while in Uncle Sams employment. Which did have me for nearly four years in Cajun Country at the crown jewel posting of Ft Polk…

1 Like

That must have been annoying living so close to the tracks lol. I have several engines and rolling stock but I put them away. Only have enough time and money for one hobby. My train table now hold about 23 large boxes of my stash lol!

1 Like

G37B was my last Callsign, Gunline TSM. I added Arty because most won’t understand that G is the arm indicator for Artillery. The Avatar is me on my last Day as a Gunner, firing a Canada Salute.

1 Like

I’m originally out of Ohio. I was tagged as “Buckeye” when I landed in Oregon. I’ve used it ever since. The avatar is just my mug after a day riding trikes w/my wife.

2 Likes

Go Buckeyes!

Cheers ,
Originally from Columbus

C.

As regards the username, I’ve got no clue where i got this, and no clue if it would have any meaning somewhere.
As regards the avatar, well, I am driving one of those :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hahaha, correct Robin… :wink:

My nickname is really my real name without capitals or a space, same as on the previous forum. If i were to write it correctly it would be Goof Muilwijk :slight_smile:

My avatar is a picture of one of my cats, Patch. I’ve used it for a long time on various forums. The picture was taken about 20 years ago i think. Patch has since moved on to the eternal hunting grounds…

[edit] That’s what happens when you get older… then you realize a day later you picked just your first name for the new forum. Makes explaining even easier :wink:

2 Likes

Buckeye, welcome to he community! Lots of great folks here building models. What do you build? Any questions, many helpful people here. :wave:

1 Like

Username JPTRR is for the Jackson Purchase & Texas Railroad, my 45-year-old freelance model railroad creation.
JPT logo WM sized
JP_T_herald-smaller

JP&T trunk mainline, 1891

Avatar(s) - the first one was the JPTRR logo. Sometime c.2008 I changed it to a selfie while in a P-40 cockpit (which I shot 60+ photos of): P-40 Walkaround.

With the launch of this new iteration of KitMaker, I chose a photo of me at work about 30 years ago: dc3_CLOSE

There is actually another avatar I have, for my account as an editor. We like sloths and my wife likes to relax with mandalas and image books, and colored this image:

Still awake?

7 Likes

Hi Goof,

Welcome to the site. Patch, you too!

Lots of great folks here building models. What do you build? Any questions, many helpful people here. :wave:

1 Like

Thanks for the welcome, but i’m not new here :wink: I just don’t post a lot. Just 179 posts on the old forum…

I mainly build armor, occasionally a plane

2 Likes