Twin-engine fighters

If you look at the Inaugural Railway Campaign, for example, you can see how a thread was created under it, once it was moved up to its own campaign (rather than in the staging area). But, regardless, feel free to just post your stuff in this thread.

@moderators: is it possible to move this out of the staging area at this point?

@staff_Jim
Hi Jim,
I think some assistance is needed here.
I havenā€™t done this before so Iā€™ll keep my fingers away to avoid making a mess ā€¦

Sorry I am without a pc for a while now due to my move. I am sure one of the campaign gurus can deal with this though. I hope.

Twin engined night fighters, converted from bombers include, to name just few, Bristol Blenheim , Dornier Do-17, Junkers J-88, the list gpes on.
In any case Iā€™ll join with a true unappreciated fighter the Westland Whirlwind in 1/72 scale (having it on the way with pilot figure) which when will be in my post Iā€™ll post pictures

1 Like

Great choice!
I havenā€™t done one since the old Airfix kit sometime in the 90ā€™s. Still in my parents cabinet too.

Whoā€™s kit is it?

Itā€™s a kit from Pavla, a Czech company

I might do it in other markings, but there arenā€™t many options, as it served with two squadrons only (263 and 137)

3 Likes

Cool. Looking forward to seeing how it builds. Best of luck with it.

Interesting choice. I look forward to seeing it!

Hi Folks, I would like to join this GB and build my first Aircraft modelā€¦
I have very little option when it comes to aircrafts in my stash. I would like to clarify on these questions before I commit.

1. RAF Red Arrows BAE Hawk T1 - Can I build this as a twin-engine fighter?
  2. I found few Indian Airforce BAE Hawk pictures but the version seems different. How difficult to convert this for a noob modeler like me :thinking:?
  3. I checked with HLJ and HK shops, most of the conversions are out of stock. So to become eligible for this GB using the Airfix Red Arrows kit, what are my options?
    Any helpful pointer, suggestions and reference pics will be very much appreciated.

Have a Great Day
Mukund

Unfortunately the Hawk would be out Iā€™m afraid as itā€™s a single engine aircraft.
How about a Jaguar, Mig-29 or Su-27? They might be easier to source IAF decals for and need little modification.

:face_with_head_bandage:

I have just 2 planes in my stashā€¦ The other is A-10 which I want to start after I get a hang of building an Aircraft. And trying to collect all the AF bitsā€¦ Ordered Su-30 when I saw this GBā€¦ But it 2 to 6 months surface mail :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: from HK.

Anyways, I will be following this GBā€¦ Lot of interesting builds. Have fun.

@moderators - Is there an @ for the campaign gurus?

@phil2015

Hi Phil.

Fingers crossed, I think Iā€™ve got it sorted for you now. This thread should now be in the new ā€œTwin Engine Fightersā€ category within the Campaigns and Group Builds Forum page, and participants will be able to create their own dedicated build log threads within the parent category as well.

Iā€™m fumbling my way through the new platform but it seems to work well.

Please let me know if you need anything further here, it looks like a very interesting group developing already.

BTW, are you limiting this one to unstarted kits only, or can ā€œHangar Queensā€ join the party as well?

Cheers, D

1 Like

You have! Thanks! Yeah, it feels like thereā€™s a lot still to learn about this platform but whenever I learn something new, I like!

I did not put a limit on started or not. I usually put in something about no more than 25% complete to begin with. Iā€™m kinda flexible. What are others thoughts?

1 Like

Shelf queen is acceptable as well IMHO, as well as the usual ā€œno more than 25% startedā€.
This will let more people join in Iā€™m thinking

2 Likes

Iā€™m in with Academy 1/72 F-4J Phantom.

1 Like

Change of plans, going to go with an ME-262 A1a-U5 from hobby boss!

Cashed in on the sprue bros sale

2 Likes

I have a Trumpeter 262 I started about a year ago that got stalled after I decided to build a dozen Panzer IIIā€™s at once. I just got a bit of the cockpit assembled but not much else. I think I can finish it in time.

Awesome! A couple of 262s will be nice. And a plane with its own rock n roll song.

Kit arrived today from sprue bros for the build, hope to crack it open next weekend. Need to paint 3 mustangs and an archer first

2 Likes