Welcome to KitMaker Network's new forums!

Well, you just managed to post a topic so that part is taken care of.
Images on your computer can be dragged and dropped, the same goes for many images out there on the internet

Wow! That is so much easier than on FSM! Thanks for the very quick reply!

Bill

And as for starting a topic you can either click this on homepage…

Or drill down to a category level you want to post in and click it. That will save you having to select a category if you do it from the homepage.

Cheers,
Jim

Okay, I have to ask. Please forgive my ignorance. Is the whole site changing, or is it just the forums themselves? :thinking:

Thanks,
Randy

Just the forum as far as I know.
The old one is dated and needed an upgrade.

1 Like

@WilliamHarry, welcome and thanks for showing up!

Whole site, in due time. Check https://modelshipwrights.com/ to see approximately how will it be.

1 Like

Wow, thanks for posting the link varanusk that looks awesome!

~ Eddy :tophat:

1 Like

so, what is the cheers thing? i get it, but is it like, something that they say because they are friends and its a trademark?
thanks
Logan

What “cheers”? British greeting and/or word to say when having a drink together?

yup!
Thanks
Logan

It’s also used as a farewell too. Which is why I started using it like I don’t know… 10-15 years ago on here. I have hung around too many Brits it seems. :smiley:

1 Like

Hi, I am very confused with the new forum & cannot maneuver it very well. Please end my subscription payments. I will try to eventually learn the new system and become a patron. If I cannot figure it then I’ll fade away.
Thank you, I had lots of fun on the old site.
Don “Lakota”

2 Likes

Click ‘Scale Modeling Forums’ to get this view:

The column on the right (2) shows the latest posts, greyed out ones are the new posts you have already viewed (your avatar on the row for this topic)
Nr 3 lets you dive into the various subforums. If you are only interested in one area you will want to click that header (Armorama for instance). The subforums are not in fixed positions, I think the get shuffled by latest activity somehow.

Inside Armorama it looks like this:

1 shows where you are. Armorama top level in this case.
2 Posts in Armorama, all categories
3 Individual topics
4 Button to select areas of interest
This view is comparable to the old Armorama with all the interest areas enabled
Click the category select button (All, nr 4) to get this:

1: We are inside Armorama
2: Looking at the category labeled Modern
3: Posts in this category
4: Posts updated since my last visit (used to be bolded in the old forum)
5: Posts I saw during my last visit
6: Thin red line showing the boundary between nr 4 and nr 5

Clicking on posts, avatars, headings et.c does things.
Click an avatar, anywhere you find it, to get this:

The blue Message button sends a private Message to that user.
I used your avatar since clicking on my own doesn’t show the Message button.

2 Likes

Hi Don,
Sorry to hear you are having trouble with the new forum. I cancelled everyone’s PayPal subscriptions either late Oct or early Nov so there is nothing to cancel. You should have gotten an email about it I would imagine.

Hope to see you back. It’s not hard to learn this new software given some time and patience. It’s very user friendly.

Jim

Also…

I want to say that the new forums are SO much better than the old ones! In fact, this is the best forum software I’ve ever used. Jim, great job on implementing these, and thanks.

4 Likes

Took me about two days of trolling about and experimenting to get fully comfortable with the new forum. If I can do it anyone can. I was very apprehensive when the ‘new forums’ were announced. I have been around Armorama since the beginning and was quite set in my ways navigating the old forums. I held off on the new forum till about two weeks ago and now I can’t imagine why I was so apprehensive other than being old and set in my ways. At any rate, I’m here to tell ‘Lacota’ and anyone else who feels intimidated about the new format to just give it some time and cruise about like you had to when you first joined Armorama. And I’ll say again, If I can figure it out - anyone can.
Cheers,
C.

3 Likes

Been a member here for 17 years and I wasn’t thrilled about the change at first either. I am a terrible creature of habit and don’t take well to change. But now I find that I hardly go back to the old forums at all. There are a few things I will miss about the old format, being number 12 of the First 100, my campaign ribbons, my contributor medallion, and other bits of bling. Yet, the new forums are easy to use and I love how easy it is to post a picture now. So, here is to the future and continued success of the site. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Is there a possebility to have a tree like view (like in FB)? Now it is almost impossible (without quoting) to see what reply corresponds to what post/remark? I don’t see anything in the interface settings…