What did you do in your modeling workshop today?

A very good advice. I have also learned it the hard way._

2 Likes

Thanks for the advice, Matt, but I never had problems with that. Or at least I didn’t notice them. Working with this methode for many years now. Here are a few examples of my 2023 works:
B-26 before …

… and after …

F4F Wildcat before …

… and after …

… and from 2021 my Su-2 before …

… and after …

I use this method also for the wheel bays when needed. There are indeed some litttle lints but they can easily taken away with tweezers and leave nothing behind.

If you like you can see these builds in my thread “Torsten’s bench works” in the Aircraft Section.

:beers:
Torsten

7 Likes

@golikell Erwin, @SSGToms Matt, @RonW Ron and @BlackWidow Torsten, thank you.

Today, Mr Surfacer 1500 black coat for Tamiya Pz III N. I should have added some white or light gray.

Coat of Floquil Panzer Grey.

Plus highlight coat.

Used VMS Black Track 2.0 to darken the Fruilmodel tracks.

Tracks after VMS blackening.

12 Likes

I’m working on the Trumpeter M198 155mm howitzer. Detail on the trails is vague, so I carved off all of the lumps. No one does a PE set for this; so, I’m cutting and bending sheet brass for all of the fittings.

7 Likes

Put a gloss coat on my Tamiya M18 interior parts (due end of Sept for local group build). While that’s setting I started painting the M18 figure and 2 germans for my Tamiya PzIV that’s been sitting for 25+ years.

3 Likes

Painted tools and suspension dirt.

Now to cure for a couple of weeks.

13 Likes

Thanks so much :beer: :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Playing with pigments …

10 Likes

“Schweinehund! Do not turn this wheel!” :face_with_monocle:

A little more piddling-around on the Flight Deck.

—mike …:flying_saucer:

12 Likes

From a huge pile of parts (almost a thousand),

with a little addition of an aftermarket,

I assembled a Leopard 2 A7+.

There are plans for minor improvements, but this is not yet clear.
This is my first modern tank. From the assembly received great pleasure.
What struck me was the size: a Pz.Kpfw IV would fit entirely on its turret.

15 Likes

Looks like another fine kit from Meng. Seeing that Pz.Kpfw IV next to it really does show the relative size of modern tanks in general.

What scheme do you plan to finish this one in?

4 Likes

On the road…mobile workbench etc…so different path for a few weeks…

Today’s work…

9 Likes

I dug up another relic from the shelf of shame.
Behold; a SdKfz 250/3 Ausf B, started in … 2013…

12 Likes

Continuing with “Queenie” my M577. Removed all the stuff from the ramp. Drilled out a pair of “size 11’s” and put these next to the packs under the r/h table. Took the MRE carton and cooler off the roof and replaced them with an M16A1, binos and CVC helmet. Removed the Btn codes from the hull (not commonly used in ODS apparently) with a sanding stick, repainted and weathered these areas. Waiting on some maps from Duplicata and she’ll be done.

The blerry antennas on this piece are really vulnerable. I only have to walk into my hobby room and one or the other falls off!

4 Likes

I haven’t done anything because we’re away on holiday but, we did visit Orford Ness yesterday. Wow what a fantastic place, highly recommend a visit. The military history is very interesting.

2 Likes

Painted some greeblies the other day.

—mike …:flying_saucer:

8 Likes

What did I do?

While signing onto the Sci-Fi and Alternative History IX campaign I realized that today is the anniversary of the first kit I completed after deciding to get back into modeling. It was 21st Century Toys’ Macchi c.202 Folgore kit and I finished it 11 years ago today. It was also my first attempt at airbrushing smoke ring camouflage, or camo of any kind by airbrush. I did it all by hand as a teen.

Since then I have finished another 162 kits.

10 Likes

Started painting the Tamiya figure for the M18.

15 Likes

We have another figure campaign going on if you want to join with that figure.

1 Like

I’ll pop over there and sign up. Been a while since I’ve worked on any 1/35 stuff.

3 Likes