What the postman brought today (AeroScale)

Sir, I mean no disrespect, but the GBU-38 bombs are primarily used by Navy & Marine aircraft onboard aircraft carriers,. The thermal protection is to retard the bomb cooking off in case of a flight deck fire. However, I am prepared to be proved wrong, (It seems to be the only way I learn anymore;<) ).

1 Like

I very, very rarely build aircraft but I just couldnā€™t resist buying this one! I also have the Ukraine digicam decals and precut masks on order for this kit. I will see which one I prefer to use.

4 Likes

No problem Joel. Any info is always useful.

As I have read in the book Iā€™m using as reference, there are many pictures of A-10s with GBU38s.

These are some of the pictures in the book. But luckly you explained to me what means thermally protected as I didnā€™t know that.

Regards!!

As I recall there is few different types of the 38 and very slight differences between the AF and USMC/Navy version, not sure it the exterior and in scale is really noticeable.

1 Like

Little reference book for a future build I found in the stash.

Only had a quick look so far, has lots of photos and some good profile drawings.

Will be an interesting read over the weekend I think.

8 Likes

Well apparently I donā€™t have enough Razorbacks in the stash because the postie delivered this today!

Cheers, D

12 Likes

Nice! Which flogger are you building? Iā€™ve been tempted to pick up a flogger kit

1 Like

The old Airfix one. Found it in a box a few weeks ago looking for something else. Had completely forgotten that I had it. I donā€™t think itā€™s the most accurate (it was tooled in the late 70ā€™s!), but I fancy doing it in Iraqi colours. Have a set of decals on the way. I built one back in the 90ā€™s, probably about the third or fourth model I ever built. Remember it going together quite well without any problems. So a bit of a nostalgic fun build I think.
Iā€™m planning on getting the KP kit after next payday. Hopefully that will be much better.

1 Like

Recently ventured back into aircraft modelling after years.

Decided to build a colorful Swiss Bf 109. LookĀ“s like a lot of masking.

9 Likes

Had a hankering for some Japanese

10 Likes

Nice choices - the Tamiya Hien is another of their wonder kits .

2 Likes

Thatā€™s the one Iā€™m most excited for! It looks awesome and the reviews I read raved about how good of a kit it is

1 Like

Next project - 1/48 De Havilland Mosquito FB Mk VI.

Plenty of aftermarket here, and some still to come.

Aires engines, cockpit & and nose gun assemby (nose gun assembly not in this picture), CMK exterior set (mainly for the control surfaces). Eduard masks and Eagle Cal decals.

Iā€™m probably going to have a go at the Night Intruder ā€˜Wagā€™s War Wagonā€™, as it was actually operated by the RAF as opposed to the the top aircraft on the sheet which was operated by the RNZAF out of the UK. However, the RNZAF aircraft has historical significance as it took part in Operation Jericho and is incidentally the aircraft pictured in the box art. So it seems silly to use aftermarket decals for markings that are already in the box, unless theyā€™re a significant improvement I suppose.

Some aftemarket metal gun barrels to come, but other than that, i think iā€™ll have a crack at this beginning next weekend.

10 Likes

Nice! Have this one in this stash. Looks like a good kit. With the all the aftermarket you added it will look spectacular. If you do a build log youā€™ll have a follower!

Build log is on Aeroscale somewhere mate, although it is very early days.

1 Like

Rolyā€™s @Khouli build thread

1 Like

I donā€™t like you any more HA HA HA

1 Like

Told myself no more kits for a while, sprue bros had other plans with their lightning deal. Had been after a F-15 for a while but didnā€™t want to pay $100+

This thing is massive in 1/48

7 Likes

Terrific!!!

Congrats for that!

1 Like