What the postman brought today (AeroScale)

and happy clouds…

2 Likes

This came in just yesterday… very much like the boxart.

5 Likes

Don’t feel bad, I thought it would be cool if true too.

2 Likes

I had to get one of those Zeros :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Yesterday’s drop…

Sticky Bombs. :grin:

—mike …:bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb: :bomb: :bomb:

4 Likes

If my experience of Eduard’s Profipack decals are anything to go by, the first thing you need to do is set fire to them.

2 Likes

So the new Eduard decals are bad, correct? My last Eduard kit was with Cartograph decals, but don’t have experience with the new ones. I saw videos in which they remove the film from the new decals.

1 Like

Check out the end of my blog here Eduard 1/48 BF110F Profipack Build

(24 & 29 of 33)

1 Like

No, not really, you just have to be careful. I have used them on several of my recent builds and had no problems with them, except that they tend to be a bit “sticky”. Though I must admit, that the Cartograph decals they used on their older kits were better.

You can do that, but you don’t have to. I’ve done it on my Spitfires Mk. II and on my Mustang Mk. IV but I found out, that you can easily destroy the decal by taking off the carrier film. Just cut the film close enough to the decal and glue the decal on the surface as any other. That’s my experience. I don’t have bad feelings about the new Eduard decals, they are also printed very well.

2 Likes

I had problems with Eduard decals on a recent
build - the wax paper “ protective “ sheet over the decals had transferred wax in blotches to the decals themselves leaving a mottled finish . The mottled effect went away after overcoat but the wax acted as a resist preventing the decal solvent from working uniformly.

1 Like

I will probably use only the small stencils on the Zero, for the hinomaru and the strips will use DIY masks :wink:

2 Likes

The KP 1/72 Salmson landed today.

Looks good on the sprues. Couple of rough spots, but expected from this maker really and details are good enough for this scale. I’m half tempted to jump into the Great War build with it!

I’ve always been tempted by the WNW kit, but despite how nice it looks I’ve got to be realistic. Got to tighten belts and I doubt I would have the display space anyway. This one is more affordable, easier to display and fills a gap in the collection.

6 Likes

I spent more money at the rotary club today. Package inbound! :helicopter:

—mike :grin:

3 Likes

Disagree. I was careful, patient and persevered.

They’re garbage and they ruined an enjoyable project for me. It was like trying to dress a hat stand in a wet-suit.

1 Like

It is heeeeeere!!!

8 Likes

Time to replace my airbrush:

6 Likes

Still haven’t figured out what the problem really was?

1 Like

They were just too damn thick and wouldn’t conform to the kit surface.

1 Like

Many years ago, I picked up a 1/48 Kinetic E-2 from a guy at IPMS who was selling one off. I got a great deal on the kit, but I was never satisfied with the kit markings options. Recently I found out about this decal company, HADModels that made decal sheets for the aircraft in the movie The Final Countdown, including the E-2 seen in the film. So I found a set online from one of my favorite eBay stores and now I have the problem of the kit decal choice solved.

now to get around to building the beast…

8 Likes

My first ever modern aircraft, if you don’t include helicopters. Nice looking kit, and love the box front. 1/48th.

8 Likes