What the postman brought today (Armorama)

Edit:
Well then, I opened a Bulgarian WWII Campaign proposal in the appropriate category/tag:

Hope we get enough volunteers.

To moderators- please clean the “What the postman brought today(Armorama)” topic by moving the Bulgarian WWII Campaign related posts to the Campaign topic.
Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Angel

1 Like

Phil,
If you have the Bulgarian Maybach kit in mind- I still don’t have it in my stash(Hobbyland/Sofia will have it next week in stock).

But from what I’ve seen so far, I’m pretty sure it is the non-interior “Pz.Kpfw. IV Ausf. H Vomag Early Prod. June 1943”(kit #35302) containing the Star Decals " AXIS Bulgarian PzKpfw IV Ausf G and H"(set #35-C1106) decal’s sheet.

There are few things to tweak with the kit to make it a Vomag production vehicle from said period- one of them is removing the reinforcing ribs from the base of the jack(reinforced jacks were only used by Krupp).

And as I mentioned earlier- one should avoid using the green crosses and all markings that contain such.
The crosses were black and weathered to dark gray, but never green!

HTH,
Cheers,
Angel

Thanks, Angel.

I was more interested about how much extra is in the box in the Vomag Early kit which is what you posted some time ago. How many extras that were specific to the other plants? You’ve already posted that the jack is a Krupp factory jack. Are there drive wheels for making Gs included? Some of the kits for Panzer IVs around this time have lots of extras that indicate the makers have releasing G kits, H kits, different factories, different armor configurations. (It’s kind of dizzying actually).

I see Phil!

Well, I haven’t started building this kit and there are no “Parts, not to be used” marked on the sprue drawings, but from looking through the assembly instruction and box art:

• the final drive is G type, it is found on all three producers during May 1943 production.
  • the retaining bar, fitted above the spare tracks on the glacis is a Nibelungen specifics for May 1943.Starting in April 1943, Vomag was using the T-fixings, that Krupp introduced in February 1943.Nibelungen was the last to accept them.

HTH,
Cheers,
Angel

That’s exactly what I wanted to know, thanks!

1 Like

Well it’s finally happening

My custom PE came in the mail today. Just the bridging units, two copies in case I completely screw something up. Tomorrow is supposed to be rainy too, good excuse to stay inside and get building. Any progress will be posted in my ST-26 thread

6 Likes

Looks like some fiddly, fun there James.

1 Like

Definitely will be. Already made some bends, about to try my hand at soldering

Got my tracks delivered for my What if project. Also some Anzac universal carrier decals for a kit thats on its way and some resin sagged wheels for a Factory sealed Dragon M2 half track i picked up off evil bay. Happy days.

4 Likes

Got this today.
Its the Tamiya M113 with Verlinden M901 TOW conversion, indy tracks, Tamiya humvee TOW missile tubes and rack to scratch build interior and the Tamiya M113 with Verlinden TUA Canadian conversion, Verlinden NATO tank crew and AFV club M113G individual tracks that I got already started.
I will be building the TUA in the Canadian armed forces campaign so look out for that!
The trailer came as a extra.

7 Likes

Sweet haul! I’m looking forward to seeing this.

1 Like

For my AF M60 build.

4 Likes

Ezra, if you have any questions as you build the M901 ITV, I was a TOW Master Gunner and ITV Instructor so ask away. Crewed ITV’s for 6 years.

Another Pz.IV kit for the stash:

Evidently, it will be build as a Bulgarian Maybach built by Vomag in June 1943.

Cheers,
Angel

5 Likes

Other than the markings, are there any real differences between what the Germans kept for their own use and what they sent to the Bulgarians? Any changes that would be obvious to someone looking at the vehicle?

Not at all.

The tanks supplied to Bulgaria came from the pool of vehicles produced for the German Army(they even had the Balkenkreuz painted):

HTH,
Cheers,
Angel

2 Likes

Kinda surprised I didn’t buy this one earlier.

4 Likes

That’s a good one, a lot of nice mine roller shots.

1 Like

Actually got these a couple of days ago from the SprueBrothers 20% off MiniArt weekend sale. And yes I have a thing for T55s.

IMG_2802

6 Likes

Nice! How many of those are you going to complete for the T-55 campaign? :smile: :smiley: :laughing:

1 Like