What the postman brought today (Armorama)

What an interesting subject to introduce.

I knew that pre-War the Germans patterned parts of their K-Garet pioneer bridge system off the British.

Been working on something similar myself in 1/35th:

Here are some pre-war images of the British system:

7 Likes

Indeed, very interesting :face_with_monocle:

3 Likes

thats my excuse to the Mrs for buying and adding to the stash

4 Likes

Picked up a cheap car vacuum that was on sale on Amazon. It’s getting to do double duty for car hobby & model hobby.

It’s great for house keeping the work area clean.

Has a small filter, add claimed HEPA quality.

Vacuum has two speeds.

Easy to open and empty or clean.

11 Likes

got this kit while getting parts for my airbrush

10 Likes

I have the " tunisia tiger " from rfm, a great model. You will have fun with it :+1:

2 Likes

Comparing it ith the border kit I’m currently working on will be interesting, I plan to do mine as one of the 2 we don’t have pics of.

2 Likes

Just don’t use it to clean your models (not that I’m implying your models are dusty) otherwise that painstakingly applied etch will be gone for ever(!)

It does look useful: my work area - which for some reason starts out large then inevitably ends up as a 6" square - is littered with offcuts, dried adhesive, sanding detritus, resin, sprue, and God knows what else. Oh yeah, pieces of etch.

7 Likes

That’s so weird … mine does that too!

5 Likes

Same as myself

11 Likes

I have to confess, the postman didn’t bring this … I picked it up at Tankfest today. A bargain at £15 I’d say. I already have their Husky, so a double build feels in order at some point!

Imgur

(picture taken off Scalemates as I managed to damage my camera today :smirk: )

8 Likes

I’m sure you’ll do it justice Terry; I recall seeing those in Bosnia all those years ago at the Canadian Battle Group.

3 Likes

Yeah, it’s like some sort of reverse Tardis effect…

5 Likes

I have build the border-tiger too, it’s a good model to me. I like the border-models, also the planes in 1/35. Good to build, not to much pe-parts and in every model of them I have until now was a metal-barrel in the box. The price is okay too

2 Likes

The Tank Museum seem to have an extensive range of kits and supplies for sale online - is the on-site shop as comprehensive?

4 Likes

The on-site shop is very comprehensive indeed @Khouli , selling all the main brands such as Tamiya, RFM, Meng, Takom, Amusing Hobby, Trumpeter and a good few others. I would say Tamiya kits are by far the majority. The online shop is sourced from the in-house warehouse that supplies the shop stock. Their book selection is pretty awesome also. I actually bought the Cougar from a trader at Tankfest - there were several in the marquees outside set up for the event. Always an excellent event IMHO, but I am biased cos I’m a volunteer there!

2 Likes

I live not too far away in Salisbury, where we do have LHS, which is actually pretty good - but if the Tank museum’s is worth the drive, i’d happily do it - however, their retail prices are expensive in comparison to many internet vendors.

I’m guessing they also sell a wide range of consumables?

3 Likes

So its like some sort of a workspace shrinkage desease, or shall we say WSD ? I have seen it before, it tends to get worse with time.

1 Like

The real problems start when other repair projects, various useful bits and pieces and other “valuable” junk gets dumped on the workplace due to time constraints.

2 Likes

Yes, a reasonable range of consumables. Tamiya paint and adhesives, and recently some Mr Colour paint (not much of that), all sorts of Mig products (paint and weathering) plus various tools and accessories. There is even a small range of Red Zebra resin accessories for AFV’s. (bed rolls and packs etc) Having visited the Salisbury shop on occasion I’d say Salisbury has a wider range of paint brands, but I can certainly get all I need from the museum. Kit wise (AFV’s) I’d say the museum has a greater stock than the Salisbury shop, although I do still visit the shop when I’m up that way! And the book and reference publications available for AFV’s are second to none for a retail outlet.

5 Likes