What the postman brought today (Armorama)

LOL :laughing: :rofl: :joy: :joy_cat:

It’s closer to fine art than half the crap hanging in the local art gallery.

KM Bismarck would look fantastic beside the framed red Ferrari 308 & Conan the Barbarian movie poster in the hobby room. Perfect would be with a similar HMS Hood on the opposite wall. USS Enterprise CV 6 to round it out on another wall.

As a kid my uncle told me the KM Bismarck & HMS Hood saga. He was a fantastic story teller. The mural reminds me of him telling the story.

Probably ought to get this as well to add to the juvenile 1980’s atmosphere…

12 Likes

I’m already ready for the “Tsar Cannon” Campaign for 2024!

12 Likes

I think it very much depends upon which art gallery you visit. If you’ve seen my missive regarding Yoko Ono’s ‘exhibition’ at the Baltic in Tyneside, then we’re on the same page. But it beaggars belief that an adult of even moderate intelligence would consider the mural in question worthy of display in their own house, let alone share such a kitch taste in ‘art’ with a global community.

Happy Thanksgiving @Armor_Buff

3 Likes

On pre-order, what i’m hoping will be worth the cost, but mainly the effort. I’m in two minds about full interior kits and i’ve never built Border before. Spent nearly a year building RFM’s 1/35 Panther G c/w full interior and found it frustrating (I wasn’t the only one to discover that this kit required a lot of fettling to get it to go together). It did have the clear styrene though, which allowed at least a limited view of the interior once complete. However, now on display, I can’t help thinking I just wish i’d said ‘to hell with the clear plastic’ and painted it anyway. I mean, I know the interior is there.

So here we go again (this one doesn’t have clear styrene) and I am still wondering why am I bothering…

Can’t think of another Merkava with full interior OOTB though, and i’m going through a Merkava/Merkava variant phase. If i’m honest, i’d probably just have settled for an AM engine bay and engine for my recent Meng Mk IVM build, but that wasn’t to be as it seems the IDF aren’t keen on letting model kit manufacturers ‘get inside’ their modern equipment to map it for tooling.

5 Likes

Quite a shopping list, something to look forward to in the long dark months of 2024…:+1:

Watto.

2 Likes

That’s right, and the first time that I’m ahead of my girlfriend, I have already spent money for 2024😅

3 Likes

All the claims of knowing us Americans in Off-Topic…:smiley: :grinning: :smile: :grin: :rofl:…brief primer in popular American “philistine taste”…

Automotive art…

Classic

Modern

…upscale decor…

images (11)

…wall art…
360_F_601085320_nRobKQrMazOFbdxFy1G4SMMrtBsgRppV

…what Heaven should look like…note fine beverage making device…

:blush:

Cheers :beers:

12 Likes

Wander how many of them lumps are plastic :grin:

8 Likes

Surely in Heaven they’d all be real?

4 Likes

I do have to wonder how fast that deer was going when it hit the other side of that wall…

5 Likes

Who cares lol

4 Likes

Well this site is all about love for plastic…

5 Likes

Once upon a time in the West…

Rifle, Colorado :us:

Unfortunately, the grill is gone now.

—mike :cowboy_hat_face:

8 Likes

Blessed is the aftermarket for all types of models :pray:

9 Likes

Ready to get hitched.

Plan is to use it as lend lease pulling a zis-3…

11 Likes

This arrived today, totally unexpected:

Replacement sprues for a kit I bought several weeks ago. Apparently the kits were shipped without the F sprues….

I never cracked the seal on this kit so there is no way I knew they were missing.

8 Likes

What? No F-in sprues? :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Glad they got replaced!

5 Likes

Thought the M5s were lend lease

1 Like

Package full of zimmerit sheets from ATAK arrived today! I like ATAK and I think they make an excellent product.

Dragon Panther D - Very disappointed in this one. I thought we’d have something a little more impressive than sheets heavy liquid cement texture. Totally my fault for not checking deeper and ordering it.

Dragon Panther A - slightly disappointed in this one. I thought we’d have a bit crisper squares.

Ryefield Model Panther G - sharp & crisp, looks great! Meets expectations!

Tamiya Elefant - On a roll now! Oh my this one absolutely rocks! Elefant zimmerit! It exceeds my expectations! Crisp & detailed!

Tamiya Tiger 1 Otto Carius - sharp & crisp, looks great! Sections that are damaged. Exceeds expectations!

Overall, happy with the ATAK products. I would buy 4 of 5 again.

9 Likes

Don’t you wish Cavalier was still in business? I do.

3 Likes