What the postman brought today (Armorama)

Gino is building the A1 version and I am building this version for the curvy tank campaign. No real build issue so far. There are some details incorrect if doing a AF tank.

1 Like

Got Gecko’s new Daimler Mk.1 today.
Quite an impressive kit I have to say.
Arrives in a deep shoe box sized box, packed full of parts. Very surprised given how small the Daimler is!
All the parts look nicely detailed with sharp moulding.

Not looking forward to all that PE though. Not a material I’m a big fan of working with and usually end up making more of a mess of the stuff. Bit baffled by some it. Why make the walls of the ammunition bins in PE when it would be easier to have them in plastic? There’s no scale advantage here and they won’t be seen hidden in the belly of the fighting compartment.
Still, I’ll work that out when I get to it. Should be a good challenge to build.

7 Likes

Well, the Postman brought a few odds and ends last month. Does that count?

Since I have neither woodworking tools or skills, I found a less labor-intensive solution for crafting fancy diorama bases: :hammer_and_wrench::grin:

‘3 Inch Solid Wood Blocks Pack of 3’

‘Floating Wall Square Cube Shelves - Wood, Set of 3, Dark Gray’

I can do stain… I can do paint… these will work out just fine! :paintbrush::smile:

8 Likes

Another eBay special offer arrived today…

I’ve been wanting one of these since they came out. Much nicer than the old Tamiya or Peerless/Testors/Italeri kits that I built years ago

8 Likes

I believe the AFV Club one has some shape issues too.

Not sure if you get these over there. 4 Sandwich boards for about $7 USD:

23 cm long x 15 cm Wide. Large enough for a Valentine Tank, AEC Armoured Car, M4A4, Halftrack, etc. I like to add a strip of base wood on mine, but leave that off and there is a fair chunk of real estate for for less than $2 a piece

7 Likes

Hey petbat! Thank’s! Yes, we have all sorts of similar items over here. Picture frames work as well. But remember, the diorama world is not just flat. :world_map:or is it? :thinking:

Currently, I’m leaning towards “cubits” for some of my bases.:upside_down_face:

And did someone say “Yoga Blocks?”:bulb:

2 Likes

I might be a bit snobbish, but i’m always put off a kit if the box artwork looks like it was done as an afterthought.

2 Likes

Are you calling me shallow with a 2 dimensional outlook :rofl:

I get what you are saying. I have been known to have used a section of tree branch or two to make some smaller more 3D bases.

One of my friends did a dio in a picture frame years ago - it was of a Zero on fire nose diving into the sea. He hung it on the wall

2 Likes

Micheals and/or HobbyLobby have similar blocks and wood bits for cheap that I pick up for figures. Here is a small one I used for Hellboy. Lite sanding and then a stain added.

5 Likes

Finally got my Meng Chieftain mk10, £60 delivered from AMS paints and supplies so the cheapest I’ve seen anywhere, although they are still adding it to the site, looks like a great kit as we’ve seen from the two builds going on here just now. Also picked up some oils and enamel weathering products.

This is one kit I feel absolutely deserves a place in the stash!

10 Likes

I did a build review of it here on Armorama, it’s an amazing kit that you will surely enjoy.

https://archive.armorama.com/review/15074/index.htm

2 Likes

@Canmedic @BootsDMS @Bigred69 sorry for not getting back sooner my old iPad and slow internet struggle with this post as it very picture heavy, had to wait until back at work and every one else had left for the day.
No plans as such at the moment, the company I brought them from also do the other (Berlin and Hamburg) towers. I had looked at the company mainly as they do 1/700 3D printed AA weapons and crew for ships then found the towers. The towers in 1/700 are a bit more manageable for my small flat than the Takom 1/350 ones.

Here’s a link to the company https://modellbauray.com/ I have no link to the company just a happy customer, they also do a fun King Tiger project!

Delivery was a week to the UK from Germany, their site states that they have a US store.

3 Likes

A couple new arrivals from Sprue Brothers. Seems I’m not the only one to pick up the M60A3.

Acquired another one of my holy grails (can there be more than one?). Got this in an eBay lot of IDF goodies. Despite being sealed inside, one of the figures was missing a boot….at least it’s an easy fix

8 Likes

Seen this guy on Instagram, some really neat stuff. God help any country that decides to use modernized king tigers though :wink:

Behold whatever this thing is!

Have been meaning to get some extra hands for a while. Also recently ditched my magnifying lamp because it just wasn’t bright enough to serve double duty and my phone booth doesn’t have room for two. Now I have both and I can put it away when I don’t need it!

Clips all came with rubber covers, everything articulates and the lamp has two brightness settings. It’s also USB which is nice because I doesn’t eat up an outlet. The base is steel so it’s got some weight and won’t get knocked over par accident.

8 Likes

That looks awesome @Canmedic ! I recently got one of those magnifying glasses you wear like a ballcap, not a huge fan of it, so I was already looking at something along these lines. If you don’t mind me asking, where did you get it from?

As the old joke goes, “my television has a brightness knob, but when I turn it up the shows don’t get more sophisticated!” :grin:

(One from a comedian named Gallagher. Sorry couldn’t resist…)

6 Likes

BeezosCorp

There’s a bunch of different models.

Hey Sherb ~ I’m Jones’n for the M728 (M60 mod) Armored Engineering Vehicle. (Dozer Blade PLUS Crane!)

And I have already started on the Takom M32 and their Bergepanther!

Aah, so many models, so little time . . . . . . .