Winter Wonderland

Going good! The figures appear to have the what I call typical Dragon-fit, especially when positioning the arms.

1 Like

Yes, the trick with all plastic figures is, first getting their hands to grip the weapons so that they are not “floating” in the air, and second, to get the arms positioned where the look OK holding the weapons…a lot of gap filling will have to be done with these guys. However for how old they are, I cannot really complain, and they are the only Korea winter Marines that I have found.
The one thing they are missing are their packs. Every picture I see of the “Chosin Few”, they have their packs on.

4 Likes

ICM Studebaker U56 U4: Frame and drive train are mostly complete.

8 Likes

ICM Studebaker U56 U4: Bed is mostly complete.

9 Likes

Got most of the painting done, dryed mud on the lower hull…on to detail painting…then weathering. Crew is put together…still need to take care of gaps etc.

9 Likes

Looking good …

1 Like

Thank you Johnny…how have you been healing up from your accident…able to pick up the sprue cutters soon?

1 Like

Cheers dude. Hopefully the cast is coming off on the 25th so I am using that as my DDay for bench time again …

3 Likes

Hi everyone,
I was finally able to start building the kit, first Steps, partially completed crew nacelle …

by Rodolfo Masti, on Flickr

9 Likes

Awesome to hear.

2 Likes

Dripping red oxide primer I. The Panzer IV.

Hopefully, I’ll throw the guest coat of desert yellow tomorrow.

8 Likes

Took a minute to get started on this campaign. Was going to do something different but couldn’t find all the items needed. A club member gave me this one for free so way not.

Been having some fun the last few days even if I figured out how to goof up a Tamiya kit.

6 Likes

Nice start Ryan - should be a nice straight forward throw together from Tamiya … :+1:

2 Likes

The basic build is finished. Next comes the primer.

9 Likes

ICM Studebaker U56 U4: Assembly is almost complete.

8 Likes

Nice one!

I sort of have run aground with my build. All of them really.
Since the start of the holidays I have not done a single thing.

3 Likes

It happens. BTDT, hope your journey is a short time away from the bench.

3 Likes

I was in the same boat and took about 6 weeks off any serious model stuff. Things get really busy during winter holiday season. Three months have passed since I finished a model. A couple more campaign projects went down in flames. So it goes. I am back at the model workstation and determined to finish my Studebaker, whatever it takes.

You are way more productive than me. I am sure you will also be back at it very soon. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Got my first dirty wash on…first time using the Flory clay washes…very happy with it…a new favorite product.

Just picked off the thread of a QTip from the fender in the third picture…lol.

7 Likes

That looks nice with the wash, and BTW, those washes are equally good on aircraft for a bit of depth and panel lines :+1:

3 Likes