M2/M3 Bradley Reference

Just found this pic on army.mil. New paint for the Bradleys?

The same color like the Abrams?

2 Likes

Looks very similar to the brownish color that the new M1A2 SEP v3 Abrams tanks come out of the factory with…

2 Likes

You could be right.
Are there really currently 3 different color versions?

1 Like

Yup, looks like a new M2A4 in the new two-tone green scheme.

Seems to be; sand, NATO camo, and above two-tone green.

3 Likes

Yeah, good reference for the second Magic Factory M2A4 who will gets the new paint.

1 Like

NATO-flage

Desert Sand

Field-applied temporary “green over sand”

Not a whole lot on the net on the two-tone brown/green camo yet.

1 Like

Does anybody know that the new drab color is? Hopefully with a FS number… :smirk:

1 Like

Looks rather dark…

H.P.

1 Like

Not sure these are actually in the two-tone green. I can only make out one color of overall dark green. Maybe they are repainted in the temporary green paint used in Europe for sand vehicles and it looks darker due to the overcast skies.

The M1A2 SEP v3s in this paint definitely have two-tones of green and it is easy to see the difference on them, even in overcast lighting.

2 Likes

Except that it’s not.
I do love the YETI sticker though.

1 Like

OK, any more insight besides it’s not?

1 Like

Plenty of insight. But I’m going to leave it to everyone’s own powers of observation. The answer is there in front of you.
As for why I no longer post much of my own photos to this or the SEP V3 thread - too many of my photos are getting sent to manufacturers as if they were property of the sender. And this little more than two weeks ago was the last instance,
It’s a shame that a very few people with no integrity have caused this. I love to share my photos. I’ve been back to Ft. Cervezas three times since I first posted the M1A2 SEP V3 photos back in 2021.
Unfortunately, the latest photos of anything will have to be found on my walk arounds. At least I can invisibly tag those using a little old skool SF technology to keep track of what gets sent to whom. Sadthat it had to come to that.

1 Like

Got it, driver is wearing 3ID patch, Brad has MILES gear, article at army.mil says it is a readiness exercise at Hunter AAF for 3ID units (5-7 CAV). None of this addresses the color(s) on the Brad.

Joint Army, Air Force exercise highlights rapid deployment capabilities | Article | The United States Army

2 Likes

The horizontal surfaces on the Abrams look like standard CARC/NATO Green. But that dark drab color on the verticals sure looks to change colors depending upon the light… not quite Helo Drab or Olive Drab…

Fort Cervezas… :thinking: I like that… :smirk:

1 Like

Read the blurb after my two photos.

2 Likes

DEF Model has released a set of 3D printed T158I “Bigfoot” tracks with new sprockets and final drive covers. These will update the old Tamiya/Academy M2A2’s nicely. The tracks can also be used to backdate the Magic Factory M2A2 ODS-SA kit to an earlier US Army M2A2 ODS.

1 Like

New DEF Bradley roadwheels as well.

Early

Late

1 Like

Oooooh! Nice!

Apparently you missed the thread a few weeks ago. There was a whole discussion about how they weren’t correct.
It explains the two styles, and which is correct for early/late.

1 Like

But the early type now have the rivets, so aren’t these sets correct?