Modelling armour in Ukraine crisis

I agree, but unfortunately the Russians have their own logic.

Dont worry, we know your here for the pictures.

State of Russian army, ending is the best!
https://twitter.com/i/status/1586657835714334720

1 Like

Wow! This is crazy.

Expect some miss understanding on Himars soon.

But aren’t companies able to better detail the bottom of an engine better than a solid view block going to the oil pan?

Apparently that’s only necessary when modelling fleeing Ruscist vehicles.

1 Like

1 Like

2 Likes

3 Likes

2 Likes

Ill do some pic updates of it during the build. After you said that I thought I screwed up on how I placed it. But yes, seems kinda lame.

Many of Trumpeter’s truck kits do have full engines. For some reason, they decided to depict the FMTV series as such. It really isn’t noticeable though as none of the engine is really visible after being built. On my M1088A1 build, I am adding an engine blank at the rear of the cab since you can see part of the empty engine compartment with the open rear deck as opposed to the cargo bed.

I really appreciate all the images being posted on this thread. For a military dummy like me it has been a real education. Politics aside!
But how about some models and dioramas based on the conflict. After all this is meant to be “Modelling armour in Ukraine crisis”. Wheres the “modelling”? We are heading for 12 months since the fight began. Plenty of time for glue and paint to get spread around.
Do we need a “Modelling armour in Ukraine crisis” challenge?

1 Like

Personally, I’ve built one already.

I built one (small). It’s hidden wy back in this thread.
Ken

I did a dio based on it, hidden way up the thread as well.

Here is the build thread though.

Me too!

Another couple planned for next year…