New 1/35 Leopard 2A7V from Tamiya at Nuremberg toy fair

I think they should all strip naked and publicly flagelate themselves for committing such a heinous crime.

2 Likes

They also got wrong the number of vents on their R35.
A spanking is in order.

2 Likes

Well spoken!

2 Likes

Lets hope that the aftermarket does a correct hull side part. Should be easy with 3D-printing these days. :smiley: :rofl:

An egregious error indeed! Worst Iā€™ve seen! (Iā€™ll pretend for a moment Iā€™ve forgotten the Panda M109A7 debacle, and how widely accepted all of its errors were.)
The number of vents in the panel? Some people donā€™t mind. I am not one of them. This quote from another posting on Armorama from a member with a different mindset:

Some missing, extra, or misplaced bolts and a few missed vents do not make it junk in my opinion though.

Iā€™ve been accused of bad mouthing kits over details like that, but after all, donā€™t we want our kits to be as accurate as posible? If not, just buy a Lego set and enjoy what youā€™re doing. A good review will point these things out. Not to bash the kit necessarily, but to help you decide if itā€™s worth fixing or leaving as is.

And with that said, here is your solution - no waiting for design, production, or delivery. Used the saved money to help a poor girl through law school, take your wife out for a date, or both. If your wife is cool you can even combine the twoā€¦
Takes about fives minutes by the way: (the louver fix)

2 Likes

I myself decided to overlook this fauxpas and go on with business as usualā€¦ Like a famous English poet said " Much ado about nothing"

2 Likes

Thereā€™s always cammo nettingā€¦

3 Likes

Rumor has it that Leopard 2 A8 wil be clad in a Barracuda MCS ā€œsuitā€. So no problems with wrong details anymore. :grin:

4 Likes

Rivet counters exhibit all the classic symptoms of OCD. Thereā€™s paying attention to detail that is as close to as reasonably practicable, and then thereā€™s OCD, which is a mental disorder.

On the other hand, myself coming from a military background, we were always drilled that ā€˜better is the enemy of good enoughā€™. So I can empathise.

Personally, at these scales and the fact that nobody really pays very close scrutiny to my work, iā€™m not about to test my modelling skills (or lack of) to break my heart on some fix that only a rivet counter would care about. And frankly, I wouldnā€™t be moving in such social circles, so its moot.

6 Likes

@Khouli Roly, Iā€™d definitely rethink that point of view. Failure to address inaccurate details on my models cost me dearly :broken_heart: in real life.

First Sidneyā€¦

Then Rileyā€¦

ā€¦so now Iā€™m a fully an OCD counter and member of the 3nd Reformation of the First Styrene Temple twice redeemed :hindu_temple:

Failure to address those rivets properly has harsh life altering consequences!

(Thatā€™s todayā€™s satire - btw)

5 Likes

Two bags and a good kidney punching each.

3 Likes

The local bag-man strikes again ā€¦

3 Likes

FYI. Hobby Easy just changed the release date from mid-April to the beginning of May for this kit. More delays expected.

1 Like

Squadron had always said late May for them,5/30

Their pre order is $50.00

3 Likes

My, how opinions fluctuate. Twenty-five odd years ago modelers were whining about low parts counts, and simplified detail. Now they whine about high parts counts, and so-so detail is now OK. :wink:
:smiley: :canada:

5 Likes

I have to say, that is really good value. This looks like an absolutely beautiful kit. $50 wont get you the Meng, RFM or Border equivalents I donā€™t think. Unusual for Tamiya to be the cheapestā€¦

3 Likes

Actually, if you purchase Border or RFM Leopard 2A7V kit from an eBay or Aliexpress seller in China, they will be cheaper than Tamiya kitā€™s price with shipping.

You have to take the shipping fee into account - as well as the sales tax in the US. 1/35 Tamiya Leopard 2 A7V German MBT - PREORDER - Squadron.com lists 50 USD before shipping. So in reality, it will probably run around 62-65 USD. Hobby Easy in HK lists as 40 USD before shipping so with shipping, it will be 60+ USD also: HobbyEasy | Leopard 2 A7V.

Tamiya USA lists MSRP of $62 before postage and sales tax:

The cheapest for Border and RFM Leopard 2A7ā€™s I found on eBay from reputable sellers are 53 USD including shipping, which is an excellent price:

So I anticipate the Tamiya kit being more expensive than Borderā€™s or RFMā€™s.

Suffice it say that Tamiya kit prices have not increased much in recent years when converted to USD or for some existing kits decreased a little because of the historically low value of Yen and strong US dollar value: Japanese Yen - Quote - Chart - Historical Data - News. The Japanese economy hasnā€™t been too strong in recent years.

6 Likes

$58 from scale hobbiest for the RFM version.

2 Likes

Tamiyaā€™s Leo 2A7V build photos posted on FB: Tamiya Model Magazine | Happy Monday everyone | Facebook

11 Likes

That guy should be posting his builds on this site.

6 Likes