Sci-Fi and Alternative History Campaign IX

Those consoles look the business Mike… Very neat :+1:

2 Likes

Another alternative Messerschmitt is done , build in 48 hours from friday to sunday. on X mas.

13 Likes

Wow, that was quick, Gerrit! :tornado: And cool, too! :hammer_and_wrench:

—mike …:christmas_tree::flying_saucer:

1 Like

Back to the base… :hocho: :hammer_and_wrench:

I’ve been working on a concrete base for the saucer.

The bottom side has been trimmed and taped together.

This image illustrates the top side angled layout (approx. 6°) with pencil marks for scribing to follow. A sample tile is included for reference (50 x 50mm square). :pencil2:

Unfortunately, I’ve hit a brick wall :brick: and I won’t be able to spray-paint (rattle-can) any of this due to cold winter conditions. I’m just trying to get as much done as possible.

—mike …:flying_saucer::snowman_with_snow:

9 Likes

I have the exact opposite issue - too hot and humid here.

3 Likes

Wow! Its a BF 109 hot rod, Gerrit. That Messerschmitt means business! Full loadout! :slight_smile:

Mike, great progress on the interior. Consider if the base should really be square. I have recently been using bases cut to shape and IMO it is appealing to the eye and avoids “empty spaces”

2 Likes

Super great stuff in the campaign this year! We are not done yet, but only a few days remaining.

Remember, Any unfinished build from a previous “Sci-Fi and Alternative History Campaign” can be continued in the next campaign regardless of the unfinished stage - so even if more than 25% finished can still continue in the next campaign.
@justsendit Mike, Really hoping you will continue your fantastic build in the 2024 campaign.

I will make a list of all finishers in January 2024 and post the list here for comments in case I missed somebody. Then I will submit names for medals to staff Jim.

If you want to sign up for the new campaign you can do it here Sci-Fi and Alternative History 2024

See you all in an alternative Sci-Fi future :grin: :grin:

3 Likes

Congratulations on all those who finished. Some brilliant and very imaginative builds.

Sadly my Kelvin stalled very close to the finish line. Hoping to get back onto it in the new year.

3 Likes

Well, Stephen, it would be eligible for the new 2024 campaign, so you are most welcome :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks. It is just a case of a few paint touch ups, decals and paint the display base. It’s just finding the time this month!

2 Likes

@ Jesper (SGTJKJ). I hear ya,’ but the base is already waaaaaaaay too far along — no turning back now! :pencil2::white_square_button: :hammer_and_wrench:

As mentioned above, the base (+two trucks +too many figures) may not cross the finish-line. … And not to make excuses, but there’s been a supply-chain issue grinding my gears to a snail’s crawl. …:snail::gear: However, it’s a$$es and elbows around here to get some form of saucer flight-ready for this ‘2023 Campaign’ deadline. …:tornado: :coffee: :plate_with_cutlery::spaghetti:
Anyway, that’s my story. :thinking:

Now, if I am allowed to teleport the leftovers to the ‘Sci-Fi and Alternative History 2024,’ that certainly would be a BONUS!

Please stay tuned to your regular SciFi channel… :tv:
—mike … :tornado::flying_saucer:

“Ja, ja, big talk.” :point_up::face_with_monocle:

4 Likes

“ACH!!! WHAT HAS HE DONE?!!!”

“I’d like a word with the Paint Crew! Where are they?” :face_with_monocle:

:crazy_face::beer:

:point_right: :construction: WIP :construction: :point_left:

TTFN! …:paintbrush::grin:
—mike …:flying_saucer:

9 Likes

Here is another 24 hours build, I can’t finish till the end of this campaign. Started yesterday evening with one of the left wings from the green 109 , got it all together and sprayed with my silver primer .
A Messerschmitt 109 X with three engines.

12 Likes

Gerrit, That is Beauty-Fly! :sunglasses:

—mike …:flying_saucer:

2 Likes

Going to do a little weathering, almost done-done.

9 Likes

Mike, you could finish the Saucer for 2023 - looks like you are almost there. Love the camo - brush or art pens used?
Then do the diorama incl. base, figures, trucks etc. for 2024. That would work.

Gerrit, you are cranking out planes like crazy - leave some for 2024 :wink: :smiley: You must have quite an air force by now. Are you hacking up old planes and spare parts or are you purchasing plane kits for the specific tasks of scratch building them?

John, looks good. Almost at the finish line :+1:t2: :slight_smile:

2 Likes

For those of you that wants to vote for the design of the medal for the 2024 version of this campaign, you can do it HERE

1 Like

Making their get away…

Looks great Mike. It really suits the vehicle.

5 Likes

Thank’s Peter! :point_up::face_with_monocle: “He’s hired! But first, he must have a proper nickname”… ‘Schnell’ :snail:

Thank’s Jesper!
I’m using a ‘Montana Cans Montana Acrylic Empty, 0.7mm Paint Marker.’ I wound up modifying a nib (cut it to 2mm), as 0.7mm was just too thin. I’ve also been having some issues with Vallejo Aged White (71.132). At first pump, the paint flowed wide, but then it narrow-down to thin, requiring constant shaking and pumping. One unforeseen speed bump was navigating the pen through the giant rivet detail — like a mine field! … … . . … . :paintbrush::man_facepalming: I’ll need to touch-up all the sloppy bits later on. I have more paint and another Montana Pen (2mm Round) due to arrive next month from Amazon.

In the meantime, I shifted gears a bit and did some of the more intricate Greeblie attachments to the lower hull today. :mag::man_mechanic:

… …:snail:
—mike

6 Likes

Dear SGTJKJ !

Yes, there are many projects made last year , about 40 models in 12 month , but I only use new old stock kits from second hand ads . Not so expensive, and sometimes very old . And I can build realy fast ( but not so perfect )

4 Likes