I’ve got underway on the Re 2005 again, refreshing my memory of where I’d got to before Christmas.
I was partway through working on the wheel wells, which fit very neatly, but the thickness of the plastic around the openings is excessive:
If you thin the plastic down to look more realistic, it leaves a big gap between the ribs and the inner surface of the wing:
So I built the ribs up with styrene:
It all seemed straightforward at this stage, but creating the gap over the ribs also means the shape of the cut-out for the undercarriage leg needs to change too, so I used CA+talc to create the new contours:
Touch wood, it all seems like it’s worked, but I think I still need to make some final adjustments.
All being well, I should have another update before the end of the week.
Take care and stay safe.
All the best