B

There are other parts that I have designed and 3D printed:

• front lights with mount brackets
  • side lights mount arms
  • horn (on the front-left side)

on the roof:

• tiltable antenna mount with mast and antennas
  • two RF 3187 antennas

the machine gun at the rear is an M240 by Live Resin.

and, on the right side:

• Javelin missile
  • tow bar

6 Likes

Excellent job Ettore! But you should turn the fuel and water cans 90 ° so that they can strapped properly.

You are right, what you say reflects how the can holder has been designed.
But, to every rule there are exceptions and I decided to replicate what I have seen in the pictures below

2 Likes

Ooooh, Special Forces style. :slightly_smiling_face:

Great job Ettore, looks really good and a nice overall finish… Well done :+1::+1:

Ettore,
Great work!! I would KILL for a print of the horn for my build… Can we make that happen somehow???

Cheers

AFV Club has a set with update parts for Stryker. It includes also the horn.
Better than casting one…
https://www.scalemates.com/kits/afv-club-af35s59-upgrade-equipment-stryker-series–120430

Yesterday I finished the paint job. Today there was still a layer of clear lacquer on it. Tomorrow I’ll put the decals on.

Gruß Viktor

6 Likes

Pre-Shading and Primary Painting Complete. Now to varnish and start Oil Dot Rendering…

10 Likes

finally got round to finishing the build on my dragoon. bit of a complex kit with plenty of small bits to lose.
can someone give me the vallejo colour for US green that these vehicles are in please, not painted a modern one before

6 Likes

My contribution to this campaign will be the following Stryker:

Picture by Ralph Zwilling’s website: tank-masters.de

It is a M1126 Stryker Infantry Carrier Vehicle – Scout (ICV-S)

This version of the Stryker exists in Germany round about the time, when the 2nd Cavalry Regiment got the M1296 Stryker Dragoon and equipped their M1126 Infantry Carrier Vehicle with the Javelin anti Tank missile. This version was then called M1126 Stryker ICV-J.

As far as I know, the M1126 ICV-S had replaced the M1127 RV vehicles - at least concerning the 4th Squadron, 2nd Cavalry Regiment. Right now every reconnaissance platoon is equipped with three M1296 Stryker ICV-D (Dragoon) and three M1126 Stryker ICV-S.

Like the real thing, my build uses the M1127 as a base. The kit is from Trumpeter.

This time I didn’t follow the instructions, but started with the right taillight.
Since 2009 the Stryker vehicles were equipped with a thermal imaging driver’s rear-view camera, which fits into the existing vehicles taillight mounting.

I built this by drilling a hole through the lower part of the taillight.
I cut an injection needle and filled it with transparent blue paint.
Finally I cut the needle again and inserted the small part into the hole.
Two vertical strips of styrene completed the build.

Peter

4 Likes

Nice detail, Peter!

:beer: :cowboy_hat_face:

Some help for future builds. Blast Model released 3 sets of Stryker crews.
https://www.blast-models.eu/en/modern/1508-bl35395f-us-stryker-crew-set-5-busts-9-heads.html
https://www.blast-models.eu/en/modern/1511-bl35393f-us-soldier-2-heads.html
https://www.blast-models.eu/en/modern/1509-bl35394f-us-soldier-with-map-2-heads.html

1 Like

I continued working on the M1126 ICV-S.

I worked on the power train and therefore had to build the driver enhancement kit as well. As far as I know, there is no kit available that fits the Trumpeter’s Stryker. So, I tried to build one by myself.
I used pictures from the internet, made some paper stencils and, with try and arrow, figured out the, hopefully right, dimensions of each part.

It is not yet finished and there are even more difficult parts to go for.

Peter

4 Likes

Calling thos one done, Mojo needed some shifting towards the end

Capture

5 Likes

Fun builds to watch, I’ll have to get one of these one day.

Very Nice!!

Very nice!

Excellent job so far John ! Those lights look like the real deal in that one pic !

1 Like

Thanks Richard … This certainly won’t be the last Striker I build…