What did you do in your modeling workshop today?

To be fair to yourself Wade, that is nanosurgery, and producing two of those in one modeling session may well be the limit of human endurance.

5 Likes

@Dagger1959 Dennis, thank you!

@SSGToms Matt, thank you, much appreciated. The prozac inspiring PE & fiddle bits really isn’t my cup of tea!

3 done 2 to go…

Three wired & one’s loaded.

11 Likes

Oh My Gosh. You Really do have the patience of the Gods. I don’t think I could do something That Detailed. I would love to. But I Just Don’t think I could handle it. Unless maybe I had the right tools to work with. And I think that’s what it really comes down to. Either way. Great Job.

6 Likes

Daniel, thank you.

I agree, tools (especially lights & quality magnification) are very import plus a stable work bench to brace one’s hands properly.

3 Likes

Yeah I’m currently using an older card table, which works okay. But I need to find something better. But also not real heavy as it’s going to have to be moved up a single set of stairs, (I live on the second floor of an apartment complex.) but I would like for it to have some drawers so I would have someplace to store things. I’m looking at getting some surgical type tools to use also (clamps etc)

2 Likes

Last details for hull added.

Summary

12 Likes

Yesterday…

Started painting two 1/72 scale trucks for the ‘Convoy!’ campaign.

VOMAG 8LR LKW (engine)

Today…

Scribed grooves into the diorama base for the ‘Sci-Fi and Alternative history X’ campaign.

—mike :truck: :articulated_lorry: :flying_saucer:

10 Likes

@justsendit wow Mike -didn’t you just start those trucks??? you’re flying through them!

Not exactly flying through my project - spent this afternoon working on steering and torsion arms:

As I want posable steering on this build, I adapted kit steering gear, bolting on a pitman arm and link back to the steering knuckle. I haven’t been able to figure out if this truck is twin steered or not, but for now, I am assuming not. This wasn’t as hard as it was awkward - the nuts and bolts are tiny and this project is big (23.5" long) and getting awkward to handle in general. So adding really small bits would be a lot easier with a 3rd arm!

I debated adding the torsion arm (brass parts between the bump stops connecting to the axle) as some of these trucks have them and others don’t and I don’t know why? I decided to add them on my build because the front of this model is getting increasingly heavy and my leaf springs are actually functioning as springs! which on one hand is sort of cool - on the other, and even with the top spring made from copper sheet, I can just imagine feeling an unwanted “snap!” one of these days. So to eliminate much flex, I glued the torsion arms into a fixed position - and the truck springs no more!

Cheers

Nick

18 Likes

Did some work on my Meng 1/48 J-20 Fighter

14 Likes

I have started the build of my fictional B17 variant . Added pieces of sheet, cutted out the first parts of the hull .
Next job is starting to put new pieces in .

15 Likes

Yesterday evening I finished my backlog from 2023. “Black 7” is ready now to join all the others on my shelf of pride … :slightly_smiling_face:

Messerschmitt Bf 109 F-2
5./JG 3
Germany, April 1941
Pilot: Leutnant Horst Buddenhagen
Kit: Eduard ProfiPack 1/48
Decals from the kit.

For all who are as familiar with the german language as I am with the english, Schluck-Specht is an old word for a strong drinker (mainly alcohol). In this case it hopefully stands for the thirsty DB 601 engine and not for the pilot … :grin:

Have a nice Sunday!
Torsten
:vulcan_salute:

19 Likes

More on the Italeri M24. Got the decals on a while back and now ready for some detail painting and a bit of weathering…

Imgur

Imgur

16 Likes

Made bogies for a M-51 Sherman

12 Likes

Went to the beach on Bonaire island…

No modelbuilding for me in the next 7 days…

Cheers,
Angel

17 Likes

Finally managed to get some movemrnt on an AFV Club Scorpion thats been sirring in the box with bits cut off the sprues for about 18 months🙃

Hopefully it will end up something like this one.
Scorpion_CRVT_(4119399295)

13 Likes

I had so much fun in building the Scorpion, enoy!

3 Likes

@Stickframe Nick, that’s pure awesomeness! A+++

Due to fit & detail, fused an early & late mantlet together to make a more appropriate one.

Dark gray kit cupola, needs vision slits & rain drain details added like the light gray one.

Scribed vision ports.

9 Likes

We’ll have been suffering with a flare up in my leg since Boxing Day. I haven’t even sat at my work table or looked at kit, nothing works fo cut the pain. I’m averaging 2-3 hours sleep a night and can’t concentrate. Thank god for autocorrect…

I saw the news about the release of the 1/32 Rose of York kit and with such small number released I asked my favourite independent on line model shop if they could order me in and “lay it away” for me to pay in instalments, fortunately they agreed, so that’s my birthday present to me along with a donation towards it from the wife.

6 Likes

I managed to modified a .50 cal machine gun in addition to finishing the bogies for my M-51 Sherman. It has been a good day at the bench.

9 Likes

Installed & painted CWS periscopes.

14 Likes