What did you do in your modeling workshop today?

Update,

18 Likes

Yesterday I built a 1/35 Dragon Flak 38 and ammo trailer without the instructions. Got it sprayed too.
Today I’ll be weathering it using the sludge that gathers in the bottom of my brush washing jar. No expensive Spanish pigments for me. Maybe a light drybrush then an overall mist of pale buff to tie in all the tones.

4 Likes

On track w/RFM KV-1 1942 tracks today.

11 Likes

12 Likes

I took some break from AFV modelling.
I have been working on motorcycle model kits which are more delicate than AFV.
Here is my latest progress which is going very slow due to lot of carbon fiber decals.

10 Likes

Built some tracks for my VOMAG’s June 1943 produced Pz.Kpfw.IV Ausf H(MiniArt’s Bulgarian Maybach kit):

219 track links in total(both track runs plus the spares on glacis and upper front plate).Tracks are working.

Cheers,
Angel

11 Likes

I am really falling in love with that Sea Vixen Frank.

Well, I have been DRYBRUSHING and adding some pin washes to the finish on my Land Rover with Milan for the ‘Not a Tank Destroyer’ campaign:

13 Likes

I had finished this IJA Motorcycle w/sidecar many years ago

But… while I had built and started painting the figures, I never completed them. And then they were packed away for four years between moving and getting my storage for stash completed and such things unpacked and organized. So yesterday I finished up painting the figures and got them installed

Banzai!!!

15 Likes

Got this far as of last night and hope to get a bit more done tonight. The vehicle is basically done; the classic Tamiya bands have been primered with black to give the rest of the treatment something to cling to. Most of the gear going onto it is ready for paint so finally getting close to wrapping this up. It is the last of the kits I started when I did the dozen Pz III kits at one time. This one took a bit longer as it is actually my first resin conversion build so I was having to learn along the way.

I need to work some more sag into the hoist but I don’t want to break anything doing so; the wire is a bit stiffer than I wanted but it was decently-scaled. Lots of little fragile bits on this damn thing.

11 Likes

Very nice! I build mine 2 years ago. Scalemates had some nice rider, but I couldn’t find the guy anywhere, so my motor is empty.
By the way, Japan bought the license before the war to build them, it’s namely a Harley

13 Likes

It looks like not a lot of work, but it took me all evening.
Scratched the bottomplate from flyfishing lead and made from evergreen strips the well lines

9 Likes

Wow! You guys have been busy! :+1:

I got to test-out my landing gear door masking tape detail theory today — about what I expected. I also poked-in some rivets with an awl as another test. In the meantime, a Trumpeter Riveting Tool has been ordered.

Also did a bunch of sanding on the lower hull. After which, I positioned the aft antenna array. :satellite: :satellite:

—mike …:flying_saucer:

10 Likes

Thanks for the kind words and info on who made the actual motorcycle. I was wondering if it was some sort of Honda or whatnot. Yours came out nice too! Too bad that you couldn’t find the rider figure.
What is that item that you’re working on now?

2 Likes

A little more work on the goat.

Waiting on the Def Wheels and Value Gear, should have them by the end of the weekend. Need to fix those gaps and do some painting before adding the Quinta bits.

The kit is not bad but doesn’t feel like the best Tamiya kit. Won’t bet the house it’s not user error but I don’t think so. Strange for a modern Tamiya kit.

11 Likes

The motor is from Pit-Road. I like this site for the good reference, although it Russian, Kurogane Type 95 - Мотомир Вячеслава Шеянова | Motorworld by V. Sheyanov

:flushed: As always I do several projects at the same time, i’m working on a feldgendarmerie project, a seehund midget project, and at my monthly modelclub I’m building a Tamiya Matilda.
And your project these days?

3 Likes

I’ve got three main projects going right now- an Academy 1/35 M981 FISTV, an Academy 1/35 M2A2 Bradley, and a Monogram 1/48 F-84F Thunderstreak. Plus I have pulled an old mostly completed 1/35 Italeri Marder III H off of the shelf of doom to finish up…

5 Likes

So I don’t have to be at shame about more projects at the same time. Same as here :grimacing:. I recently bought the old Devastator in 1/48 from Monogram.
For old times sake

4 Likes

Further slight progress on the MiniArt T-55…

90 track pieces (plus two pins) each side and then the relief that they all do seem to work as intended!

Imgur

Imgur

Everything should be ready for paint this weekend. :partying_face:

13 Likes

Then this is for you:

Shep Paine used that very kit in one of his dioramas for Monogram.

3 Likes

I would like to see pictures from the marder III✌
I have the marder from dragon, still not began

1 Like